Thread: What's the Best and Easiest way to Upload YouTube Videos onto PC?

Default What's the Best and Easiest way to Upload YouTube Videos onto PC?

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting on here and recently decided to give video editing a shot. I was using onlinevideoconverter.com for a bit, which a few days ago it doesn't allow me to download any videos.

Is there any other site as easy as onlinevideoconverter.com to download videos on my PC?

Thanks a bunch!

Blog Entries

Your header says upload, your posts says download. Make up your mind!
    Or are you simply spamming?
    Tim

Lol... Never knew writing upload in the title and download in the post means I'm spamming... Why so aggressive man? Is this how it is here or just you?

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Your header says upload, your posts says download. Make up your mind!
    Or are you simply spamming?

Blog Entries

Not sure where I was aggressive.

It is common practice for spammers to posts a "does anyone know any software which does x"? (as their first post on a forum). Then follow it up with another post under a different name recommending the product they are trying to promote.
    Another tactic is to mention a product saying "I tried this product" which prompts some people to investigate the product. It's more suspicious if they mention the product name more than once.
    Inconsistencies in a post (eg contradictory subject header and content) are also often an indication that the post originated in a different language (which is common with spam)

My immediate reaction to your post was to bin it as it genuinely has all these spam indicators, but something in it made be think it might just be a genuine question. Hence my response - which i still cannot see as agressive in any way?

And, BTW, you haven't answered the question. Do you want to upload to YouTube or download from it?

If the latter, you'll probably receive comments from people telling you to shoot your own footage. Why? Because you'll never learn to edit by editing footage that has already been edited. Someone has already built a story, constructed a narrative and removed the rubbish. All you will be doing is playing around with that. Grab your phone and get filming.

Alternatively, there are some sites which allow you to download unedited footage specifically to practice editing.

(Quite apart from that you shouldn't be downloading footage and working on it without the creator's permission, but i'm not going to get aggressive about it )
    Tim

LOL hahahaaa... Sorry about that. After re-reading my post now, I can see how you thought it was a spammer. Just the way I wrote it, seemed a bit shady lol.

I'm looking to download YouTube Podcasts videos that are about an hour to three hours long. So, I can edit them and make highlight videos.

I know I'm using other peoples content, which I see quite a few other channels who does the same.

What are some of the sites that you have in mind?

Finally... Now, I know what an upload and a download is hehe. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not sure where I was aggressive.

It is common practice for spammers to posts a "does anyone know any software which does x"? (as their first post on a forum). Then follow it up with another post under a different name recommending the product they are trying to promote.
    Another tactic is to mention a product saying "I tried this product" which prompts some people to investigate the product. It's more suspicious if they mention the product name more than once.
    Inconsistencies in a post (eg contradictory subject header and content) are also often an indication that the post originated in a different language (which is common with spam)

My immediate reaction to your post was to bin it as it genuinely has all these spam indicators, but something in it made be think it might just be a genuine question. Hence my response - which i still cannot see as agressive in any way?

And, BTW, you haven't answered the question. Do you want to upload to YouTube or download from it?

If the latter, you'll probably receive comments from people telling you to shoot your own footage. Why? Because you'll never learn to edit by editing footage that has already been edited. Someone has already built a story, constructed a narrative and removed the rubbish. All you will be doing is playing around with that. Grab your phone and get filming.

Alternatively, there are some sites which allow you to download unedited footage specifically to practice editing.

(Quite apart from that you shouldn't be downloading footage and working on it without the creator's permission, but i'm not going to get aggressive about it )

Why don't you just google "download youtube mp4" and test out all the sites instead of asking in a forum and waiting who knows how long for an answer to a question that you can answer yourself withing seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSecrets View Post
    I'm looking to download YouTube Podcasts videos that are about an hour to three hours long. So, I can edit them and make highlight videos.
    This might not be useful at all but I use KeepVid Pro thanks to a freelance client who needed some of his older video's re-worked and didn't have the master files. The reason why I say it may not be useful is that if I recall correctly the software isn't officially available anymore...
    The cats are watching us...

Well... Thanks to you I got one. Thanks man... for making me feel like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    Why don't you just google "download youtube mp4" and test out all the sites instead of asking in a forum and waiting who knows how long for an answer to a question that you can answer yourself withing seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSecrets View Post
    Well... Thanks to you I got one. Thanks man... for making me feel like an ass.
    Sometimes we just nudge people in the right direction no need to feel equine about it ^.^
    The cats are watching us...

Lol... Thanks. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Sometimes we just nudge people in the right direction no need to feel equine about it ^.^