Thread: Movie maker.

Default Movie maker.

Not only am i a complete novice to editing , i am also a complete novice on windows 10. I have managed (after some time) to get my video on to windows movie maker and I have followed some threads on how to title,split,transition etc on my wmm. However as my video is so long i cant do all the editing in one go. So i need to be able to save my work and come back to it at a later date - say a week or so. Problem is i dont know how to save my movie and then come back to it. There must be a simple way to do this but alas i have not found it on u tube etc.
    I was a very keen on what was 8mm in the days of yore but these latest procedures are a bit of a leap of faith for me. As i say being a complete novice i am hoping someone can help. There is a proviso and that is that i do not at this stage wish to purchase editing software until i can accomplish the basics in wmm. Kind regards Alan

Quote Originally Posted by salvador View Post
    Not only am i a complete novice to editing , i am also a complete novice on windows 10. I have managed (after some time) to get my video on to windows movie maker and I have followed some threads on how to title,split,transition etc on my wmm. However as my video is so long i cant do all the editing in one go. So i need to be able to save my work and come back to it at a later date - say a week or so. Problem is i dont know how to save my movie and then come back to it. There must be a simple way to do this but alas i have not found it on u tube etc.
    I was a very keen on what was 8mm in the days of yore but these latest procedures are a bit of a leap of faith for me. As i say being a complete novice i am hoping someone can help. There is a proviso and that is that i do not at this stage wish to purchase editing software until i can accomplish the basics in wmm. Kind regards Alan
    Hey Alan,

Haven't used WMM in ages but back when I did, there was the ability to save your project as a project... I suspect you've already tried searching that but in case you haven't, try searching how to save a WMM project.
    There's also very good free editors available with a very easy learning curve and loads more support in the form of official tutorials and user made tutorials. The others on here should be able to recommend you a good easy starter program.
    The cats are watching us...

I find it interesting that you even have Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10 because it was discontinued: "Movie Maker was officially discontinued on January 10, 2017"
    And you can't download it from any official source anymore. None of my PC's with Windows 10 had it even installed and when i was trying to get it for my mom - i couldn't.

Why don't you just get a free software that's.... better?

Here are some alternatives.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-b...er-alternative

Default Wmm

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Hey Alan,

Haven't used WMM in ages but back when I did, there was the ability to save your project as a project... I suspect you've already tried searching that but in case you haven't, try searching how to save a WMM project.
    There's also very good free editors available with a very easy learning curve and loads more support in the form of official tutorials and user made tutorials. The others on here should be able to recommend you a good easy starter program.

Hi Grapes , Many thanks for the info and will certainly searching to save a WMM project.
    Alan

Hi Sensei,

Someone i know loaded the wmm via a usb and so far all seems to be working ok. many thanks for the link and will give that a go.

Alan

Quick notes:
    Shotcut works but IMO is not ready for use, odd bugs, odd interface things
    VSDC is tough to learn, overly complicated UI

I would say try the Windows Photos thing. That's a great place to begin if you are new. And later on if you want to learn something more advanced, VSDC from that list, or something like Davinci Resolve Free that is more like a pro video editor (but easy enough to learn if you are willing to give it a weekned).

WMM?

Have you gone mental?