Thread: Grouse talking to me on the moors - how to edit the videos

Default Grouse talking to me on the moors - how to edit the videos

Hello expert people...

So, I was walking on the moors today and came to a grouse. I said, hello. Amazingly, the grouse said, hello. I said hello hello, the grouse said hello hello. So, after a bit more mimicing (hard to say who was mimicing who) we started videoing the exchange. I'd like to post it on my Facebook but there's an amount of wind noise and also my voice is louder than the grouse's responses.

I've looked at video editing software and it looks like I won't be able to edit the sounds to remove the wind and to reduce me. Does anyone have any ideas if it's possible? It's not a big deal I know but I am now curious!

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond

Quote Originally Posted by SHSheff View Post
    Hello expert people...

So, I was walking on the moors today and came to a grouse. I said, hello. Amazingly, the grouse said, hello. I said hello hello, the grouse said hello hello. So, after a bit more mimicing (hard to say who was mimicing who) we started videoing the exchange. I'd like to post it on my Facebook but there's an amount of wind noise and also my voice is louder than the grouse's responses.

I've looked at video editing software and it looks like I won't be able to edit the sounds to remove the wind and to reduce me. Does anyone have any ideas if it's possible? It's not a big deal I know but I am now curious!

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond
    Hey SHSheff,

All I can think of is to load the clip in Audacity, edit the sound there and then put it back under the video. Oh and make a copy before you start editing
    If the wind noise is a more or less constant sound you can select a bit with only wind, capture the noise profile and then select the entire sound clip and remove that noise profile from the entire clip.
    After you've done that, you have to go through the bits with your voice and select those bits, then de-amplify those to around the same level as the grouse.
    Next you want to select the entire clip and amplify it. Then check for wind noise again and repeat step 1 if necessary.
    By now you should be more or less done with the clip and you can save it as an MP3. (mind you you might well be busy half an hour or longer at this point if you start nit picking to get the right settings on the noise remove)

If you'd like to try it one step further you can now take the more or less cleaned up file and get it automatically mastered at eMastered: https://emastered.com/?

Then finally you take the audio file and your original video file and load them into a video editor. Mute or delete the original audio track and swap the cleaned up version in there.

Sounds like a really fun moment on video though so when you're done with that don't forget to share it here: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/forums/17-User-Videos
    The cats are watching us...