Thread: Drone HYPERLAPSE / DRONELAPSE / MOTION TIMELAPSE Tutorial

Default Drone HYPERLAPSE / DRONELAPSE / MOTION TIMELAPSE Tutorial

So I have been requested by a lot of you on how I did my drone hyperlapse, so I took my time out to make this tutorial for youy guys. Hopefully it is useful for you guys. Let me know if you have further questions. Will do my best to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyteh View Post
    So I have been requested by a lot of you on how I did my drone hyperlapse, so I took my time out to make this tutorial for youy guys. Hopefully it is useful for you guys. Let me know if you have further questions. Will do my best to answer them.
    Really? You have, on this forum? This is the first post I see on this subject. Did I miss something?

I also think this video is much much much too long. You could've done this in under five minutes, which would have save you time and would probably make it more likely that people will choose your tutorial over similar tutorials that are longer.
    One thing I'd personally add as well are text overlays that stipulate the key points at the times you say something really important. This helps your viewer to assimilate the subject matter.
    I don't know if you write these videos out before you record them, if you don't you might want to try that for your next one. This should help you structure your presentation and it's easier to spot the key points so you can scrap all the "fluff" and keep your clip concise.

Apart from that it's quite nice, keep it up!
    Last edited by Grapes; 05-31-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

I didn't watch all of this - I don't have any interest in creating drone footage - if i even need it, I'll get a friend who does have drone and an interest to shoot it - but a few observations:

1. Everything Grapes says above (in fact I think we said the same thing about learning a cript before in your "in car" video.

2. Whilst jump cuts are common, even trendy, in certain vlogs, I found far too many of them here - at one stage you seemed to be cutting between each word.

3. If you don't show your face all the time this is less of a problem as you can edit the audio to your satisfaction.

4. The explanation of the different modes of flying/filming absolutely required graphics. Whilst it'll no doubt take you longer to make the video it will (a) be clearer to the viewers and (b) you can get the imformation across in far less time (I refer you to one of Grapes' comments above). This is similar advice to using captions to reinforce points - but moreso!

5. When you show yourself adjusting the settings either (a) add captions with the key settings (and leave them, on screen for as long as possible - ie don't just leave the setting you are talking about, but leave all of them, or (b) don't even show yourself adjusting the settings (the reflection on the tablet/phone screen is distracting and makes it mostly illegible plus we get to see all your errors and the bits where the screen doesn't respond - this is all time wasting and adds nothing. Whow a screen with all the settings adjusted or just a list of teh settings.

6. This is a video about hyperlapse - don't spend time telling people to shoot in RAW - that's for another tutorial. By all means state you always shoot in RAW and briefly say why, but I might choose for a variety of reasons to shoot jpeg. If you say shoot in RAW in a tutorial about hyperlapse the implication is that you HAVE to shoot in RAW in order to shoot hyperlapse which is untrue. In other words, keep the tutorial on message.

On the other hand, your voice is recorded clearly enough, you speak clearly, you give the impression you know what you're talking about and (importantly) have done what you are explaining and you sound like you are sincerely trying to impart information which you do in a friendly manner without any gimmicks or loads of "Hey guys, wassup" I'm your best mate sort of waffle. I think with a bit of work on presentation and a lot of work on tidying up the content (reducing it to on message information only) you could be making some very watchable and informative tutorials. As Grapes says, keep it up!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Really? You have, on this forum? This is the first post I see on this subject. Did I miss something?

I also think this video is much much much too long. You could've done this in under five minutes, which would have save you time and would probably make it more likely that people will choose your tutorial over similar tutorials that are longer.
    One thing I'd personally add as well are text overlays that stipulate the key points at the times you say something really important. This helps your viewer to assimilate the subject matter.
    I don't know if you write these videos out before you record them, if you don't you might want to try that for your next one. This should help you structure your presentation and it's easier to spot the key points so you can scrap all the "fluff" and keep your clip concise.

Apart from that it's quite nice, keep it up!
    thanks! will try and keep it shorter for future ones

Quote Originally Posted by mannyteh View Post
    thanks! will try and keep it shorter for future ones
    It would be cool to acknowledge some of Tims observations
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933