Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Sky Time Lapse 5/27/18

1. Default Colorado Sky Time Lapse 5/27/18

I feel lucky that I live in a place with such awesome natural scenery. All I really have to do it point my camera at the sky and, voila, new video. Here's another time lapse of clouds, sunset and Venus setting. At first I thought it was a hot pixel (of which there are at least two) but it was too big and it moved, so a minute or two on Google told me it was Venus.

Awesome!
    How many pictures over how long? RAW? What settings did you use?
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Recorded Sunday, 5/27/2018 between 7:05pm and 9:13pm near Boulder Reservoir in Boulder County, Colorado. Camera was GoPro Hero2 set to 3840x2880 image size, 1,540 frames captured using 5s interval. The Hero2 doesn't capture RAW format, only JPEG. GoPro Studio was not used. Reframed to 16:9, saturation increased, made "broadcast safe" and rendered to 1920x1080 29.97 progressive in Vegas Pro 14.

It is VERY nice, my latest timelapse trial has a lot of flikkering even though I set my camera to manual mode to lock down all the settings :(
    https://youtu.be/CjBXxIGD5q4
    (I think this is actually my first actual video share on here! Hooray!)

Overall - nice timelapse.

Two ideas i could add here are:
    1. Speed - You could make it a little bit faster maybe. 5 sec interval seems a bit slow for this particular scene.
    2. Composition - Put the camera on a higher vantage point and increase the distance in the scene to get a more epic feel.

Grapes - you need LRTimelapse if you want to get rid of flickering and other timelapse / hyperlapse problems.
    https://lrtimelapse.com/

Here's a YouTube video about that software.
    https://youtu.be/LHr23xhPgSQ

It's pretty much what 99% of professional timelapse creators use.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    Grapes - you need LRTimelapse if you want to get rid of flickering and other timelapse / hyperlapse problems.
    https://lrtimelapse.com/

Here's a YouTube video about that software.
    https://youtu.be/LHr23xhPgSQ

It's pretty much what 99% of professional timelapse creators use.
    Thanks, that's what everybody keeps telling me as well but I always assume I can only use that with Lightroom, am I correct?
    I have a very very very strong aversion to Lightroom because I can't simply browse to a location by entering a path name (and because I would only really use it for time-lapses which makes it extremely over-piced like buying an entire car because you need a jack... maybe that reference doesn't really work since modern cars don't come with a jack anymore but you get what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Thanks, that's what everybody keeps telling me as well but I always assume I can only use that with Lightroom, am I correct?
    I have a very very very strong aversion to Lightroom because I can't simply browse to a location by entering a path name (and because I would only really use it for time-lapses which makes it extremely over-piced like buying an entire car because you need a jack... maybe that reference doesn't really work since modern cars don't come with a jack anymore but you get what I mean)
    Yeah LRTimelapse relies on the Adobe image processing engine so you need to have Lightroom or Photoshop for it to work.
    But you can get Lightroom + Photoshop for $9.99/month so it's not that bad.

Only thing is the LRTimelapse Pro license that's like $350 with tax. The Private license is not really recommended for professional work.

Yeah LRTimelapse relies on the Adobe image processing engine so you need to have Lightroom or Photoshop for it to work.
    But you can get Lightroom + Photoshop for $9.99/month so it's not that bad.

Only thing is the LRTimelapse Pro license that's like $350 with tax. The Private license is not really recommended for professional work.
    Hmmm well if it also works with Photoshop, that's a good option. I don't see that mentioned on the website (or at least not prominently displayed). Still the price scares me... might be worth it if I land a timelapse project though.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Hmmm well if it also works with Photoshop, that's a good option. I don't see that mentioned on the website (or at least not prominently displayed). Still the price scares me... might be worth it if I land a timelapse project though.
    Thanks for the info!
    yeah, in case you decide to get it, make sure that it works with Photoshop alone. I am not 100% sure of that, but i know that earlier version were built on the Camera raw engine so it had support for that.

10. Default

Overall - nice timelapse.

Two ideas i could add here are:
    1. Speed - You could make it a little bit faster maybe. 5 sec interval seems a bit slow for this particular scene.
    2. Composition - Put the camera on a higher vantage point and increase the distance in the scene to get a more epic feel.
    Not bad suggestions. As far as the speed, if I had made if faster it would only have been about 25 seconds long. Also, I'll probably use it with some music, which will make it more interesting. This was just a spur of the moment thing that I did when I arrived at the recording studio for a session. I just stuck the camera up and let it run outside while I ran sound for a rehearsal session inside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast