Thread: My first montage

Default My first montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRe0xnA-8VY

Would love some tips and stuff that I couldve done better / different.
    Last edited by aegonvii; 05-21-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aegonvii View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRe0xnA-8VY

Would love some tips and stuff that I couldve dont better / different.
    to be honest I was skeptical right off the bat but you created a very nice montage - the music was appropriate - the scenes flowed with the music - definitely in the spirit of montage - well done
    Last edited by zamiotana; 05-19-2018 at 01:44 AM. Reason: mis-spelled words

I liked it in the sense that it was well put together. To be honest I also started out sceptical like Zam, I normally don't watch gameplay video's so for all I know this is like any other gameplay video out there that you crazy kids make these days... (right I mostly wanted to just say that but now that I had a moment to think about it... yeah I probably am starting to get that old... damn )

Anyway you wanted tips and the only thing I could think about is that it would be kind of nice if the video contained some sort of story like if it portrays an epic battle between two arch rivals or if it shows the growth of a rookie that finally climbs to the top of the leader boards after weeks/months of training. Might be a little hard to stage though...
    I also didn't like the shot(s?) where there is a brief look through the scope without it resulting in a head-shot like from 0:45 to 0:46 then back to normal view on 0:47. It's just a minor annoyance though but since you asked
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    to be honest I was skeptical right off the bat but you created a very nice montage - the music was appropriate - the scenes flowed with the music - definitely in the spirit of montage - well done
    Thanks a lot! Any tips / things you didn't like? Think of this in a way like ''In this part I could've added XXXXX''.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I liked it in the sense that it was well put together. To be honest I also started out sceptical like Zam, I normally don't watch gameplay video's so for all I know this is like any other gameplay video out there that you crazy kids make these days... (right I mostly wanted to just say that but now that I had a moment to think about it... yeah I probably am starting to get that old... damn )

Anyway you wanted tips and the only thing I could think about is that it would be kind of nice if the video contained some sort of story like if it portrays an epic battle between two arch rivals or if it shows the growth of a rookie that finally climbs to the top of the leader boards after weeks/months of training. Might be a little hard to stage though...
    I also didn't like the shot(s?) where there is a brief look through the scope without it resulting in a head-shot like from 0:45 to 0:46 then back to normal view on 0:47. It's just a minor annoyance though but since you asked
    I didn't really understand what you're talking about with the scope thing.. As for the ideas about the rookie thing and stuff. I'm playing this game since 2010. Going back to rookie will be pretty hard.
    Also, this game's sniper mechanics is different. The sniper that I'm using can do 2200 damage and all characters have 2000. If you but clothes / armor you can add some more HP to yourself, so the players in this game dont usually try going for headshots since bodyshots can kill most people.
    Thanks for the tips dude.

Quote Originally Posted by aegonvii View Post
    I didn't really understand what you're talking about with the scope thing.. As for the ideas about the rookie thing and stuff. I'm playing this game since 2010. Going back to rookie will be pretty hard.
    Also, this game's sniper mechanics is different. The sniper that I'm using can do 2200 damage and all characters have 2000. If you but clothes / armor you can add some more HP to yourself, so the players in this game dont usually try going for headshots since bodyshots can kill most people.
    Thanks for the tips dude.
    Yeah the "Going back to being a rookie" would need some staging/acting from your part I don't know if you have something like a clan that can help you out there? If so it might be nice clan promo material as well.
    In regards to the scope zoom thing I meant that you go from normal 3rd person perspective to sniper zoom view and back in what feels like less than a second. That kind of breaks the flow for the watcher. This is all fine when that particular "scope zoom shot" results in a kill but otherwise it just breaks the flow so you could've used a different cut instead.
    The game looks like a blast by the way. I used to enjoy playing the "miniature/giant levels" in the original Unreal Tournament game (1999 almost 20 years ago... time flies) which this absolutely reminds me of.
    The cats are watching us...