Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drone video with a story

1. Default Drone video with a story

I tried to make a drone video with a story. I find most drone videos are just beautiful images strung together with music. Did I succeed or not?

I liked it! I think you succeeded. I agree most drone videos are just a mix of random flight shots. This was cool when drones first come out but gets boring pretty quick. I think it was Lucas or Spielberg that said Special effects only exist to tell a story. Same should be said for drones.

3. Default

thanks a lot. It's always a little bit scary trying something new like this. I have created drone video's before and they had no story just beautiful shots.

Consider yourself lucky to be in a beutiful area to film like you are. I live in a dry desert climate and my drone videos are never all that interesting.

I'm new to all this, and certainly not an expert, so my opinion should be taken with a huge grain of salt. The storyline seems very subtle, almost imperceptible. Maybe that's just me, or maybe that's the effect you wanted. But overall, I like it.

6. Default

thank you, yes its a bit subtle for sure. I'm new at this too.

Quote Originally Posted by adventure campitelli View Post
    I tried to make a drone video with a story. I find most drone videos are just beautiful images strung together with music. Did I succeed or not?

your video consists of beautiful images strung together with music

nothing to be ashamed of

a drone is just a tool - in film it can be used most effectively for the establishing shot but can also help provide alternate viewpoints here and there (Sofia Coppola prefers to film out of high rise windows instead of using drones)

trying to tell a story with a drone is like trying to play a round of golf with a 9-iron - some shots will be great but best of luck on the green

you have a nice family - they seem comfortable on camera - I’d ditch the drone in favour of some straight-up video - imho

8. Default

so true thanks

Thumbs up Good effort

It was a good video, although I to feel that the story was a bit subtle. Maybe next time you could use text also and the meaning could come out in a better way. But a good effort never the less.

10. Default

great video, interesting music.... I still gotta get me a drone :(
    For short amusing clips, check out my channel.......... Click HERE

please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast