Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Video Editing Software

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiato View Post
    I plan to do many projects is Adobe Premiere good? And I assume it has the features I specified.
    At this point you don't have to worry about "is the software good". The features you described are literary the simplest and most basic things any software can do. There are dozens of phone apps that can do those things. So, anything you chose will have the features you wanted.
    And Premiere Pro is used by the majority of professionals in the industry, so yeah - it's good.

The questions you should concern yourself with is - "How serious are you about video editing" ?
    Because You can learn how to edit simple things in Premiere withing hours, but to master it you will need years.
    Here is a 30 min in depth tutorial to get you started - https://youtu.be/CDWnAO1fTi8

That being said, it is important to choose the right editing software for you, because once you put in the time and effort to learn it - you will most likely stick with that software for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    At this point you don't have to worry about "is the software good". The features you described are literary the simplest and most basic things any software can do. There are dozens of phone apps that can do those things. So, anything you chose will have the features you wanted.
    And Premiere Pro is used by the majority of professionals in the industry, so yeah - it's good.

The questions you should concern yourself with is - "How serious are you about video editing" ?
    Because You can learn how to edit simple things in Premiere withing hours, but to master it you will need years.
    Here is a 30 min in depth tutorial to get you started - https://youtu.be/CDWnAO1fTi8

That being said, it is important to choose the right editing software for you, because once you put in the time and effort to learn it - you will most likely stick with that software for years to come.
    Ah ok so are there any decent free programs I could use as stepping stones seeing as you said most will have the features I am looking for right now there has to be something free for a rookie to learn with.

Ah ok so are there any decent free programs I could use as stepping stones seeing as you said most will have the features I am looking for right now there has to be something free for a rookie to learn with.
    well, free or almost free

since a real video camera (like the red) is like 18 grand for the body, 50 pounds for a decent video editing package isn’t so bad

but if you want the best free video editing software, just download iMovie onto your iPhone or iPad for free

if you have an adenoid phone, then you may still be in luck - maybe Ivan in his mother’s basement in Novosibirsk will cobble up a decent video editing package that you can use - it’s a long shot but you never know

Blog Entries

HitFilm Express (PC or Mac)
    Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12