Thread: Export to a DVD from Premier Pro

1. Default Export to a DVD from Premier Pro

Hello All,
    I am trying to export a movie slideshow from Premiere Pro to a DVD, can this be done straight from PP? I also have Media Encoder, do I need any other software? I have noticed that Encore is mentioned when I am trying to learn how to do this,
    Many thanks as always,
    Graeme

As far as I'm aware it can't be done straight from PP and you need to use a DVD creation software program.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Thanks for this, I did read where you could just burn the sequence file to a DVD but is this correct and would it play automatically? I was wondering if there is a tutorial for this?

Thank you

Well no you can't because there's no real sequence file created but:

1. You can export your slideshow as an MPEG2 for DVD (you'll get a separate audio file if I remember correctly) and use Encore as you mentioned earlier. The tutorial for that is: https://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/cr...ncore-cs6.html

2. There are a handful of DVD players that can support MOV, WMV with a maximum resolution of 720 x 480. You need to check the specs of the DVD player, export the slideshow as a supported video (mind the resolution and the supported audio codecs) and burn that directly to your DVD.

In any case you need a program to burn the DVD with. This can be Encore if you can get your hands on a copy or any other DVD burning program.

5. Default

Thank you very much for all this, it is very much appreciated, can I just say I have Adobe Media Encoder, is this the same as Encore

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Thank you very much for all this, it is very much appreciated, can I just say I have Adobe Media Encoder, is this the same as Encore
    Yes you may say that but unfortunately no, it is not.
    And here's why:
    •Media encoder is as the name implies just an encoder. It will convert your visual and audio information into a specific code library (a video format).*

•Encore is mainly a DVD-authoring tool that allows you to publish your work to DVDs. It will allow you to make the menu's etc for the DVD. Encore does however also allow you to burn the DVD though many people will use a third party program like for example to actually burn the DVD itself

(*Side note: A video file consists of 3 main things: 1. a container which also gives the file its extension like MOV, MP4, AVI. 2. a video codec, this is the code that is used to store the visual information in like H.264, ProRes, DivX. 3. an audio codec which is the same idea as "2" but then for the audio.)