Thread: StarsWars Kids!

Default StarsWars Kids!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/starwarskidv.html

Check this out, like the matrix one at the bottom...How did they go about doing that?..Like using what software and stuff?

I wanna do something like that, it is rad and so funny but cool at the same time.

What would I need to do this?...I have my own camcorder so thats ok..but what else?

HElp me out people plz...

Something that would help me do cool special effects like int he movies and stuff..

http://www.borisfx.com/products/main/effects.php

Like that maybe but dude that is expensive..Or what is Premiere Elements?...Ca that do stuff like that too?

Well I just downloaded and watched the matrix one. And all I can say is "What a load of old bollox!" Any NLE app will do that. All they did was take the original footage of the SWK and overlay a bit of (pretty much) stock matrix type clip over the top and reduce the opacity a bit. I was expecting bullet time and likes. What a let down. Waste of time trying to emulate that one. Aim higher.

4. Default

Original Star Wars Kid was funny when i saw it a few years ago.

Now it dosent even make me smile, as for the rest of them.

Alans summed it up.
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

i loved these - I frist saw the original years ago and i fell over laughing so hard then I saw these and i thought i would need hospital treatment i laughed so much - the poor kid - lol

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark
    i loved these - I frist saw the original years ago and i fell over laughing so hard then I saw these and i thought i would need hospital treatment i laughed so much - the poor kid - lol
    Tell me about it dude...haha classics. What kind of programs do this shit?

any decent non linear editing package with compositing capabilities eg premier/vegas

what in your opinion is like a good one....by tthat i also mean, how user friendly is it...easy for me, as in someone new to use it etc..thnx man

well, problem is if u dont know what ur doing its NOT gonna be easy at all. What u are trying to do, although relativley easy for the more experienced is gonna be really hard for u if you dont know the first thing about editing. You need to choose an application then learn it first before - Dont bother asking anyone on the forum unless you have read up on it first and tried and tried doing it yourself. - With editing it's only through experience that u can gain the kniowledge also it would take way to long for some one to explain how to achieve a certain effect unless you already knew the fundamentals of compositing. - There are however tutorials for almost any effect and any application on-line - use google to find em.

As to whats best? - there are lots of good ones out there = premier is prob the most popular, vegas the technically most advanced, pinnacle - although i've never used it poss the easiest to use.