Thread: Floating Object Illusion with Moving Camera?

Default Floating Object Illusion with Moving Camera?

Hello,

I'm very new to the forum so apologies first off if I post in the wrong place.

So I'm familiar with (one of) the general concepts of how to make an object appear floating. You take a video with just the background, and then you take a video with the object on the same background suspended by like a string or something, and then you add a layer mask on the string to make it disappear and make the background appear.

My question is, how would you do this with a moving camera? What I mean for example handheld cam style or tracking, the background and the footage won't be in a singular frame, they'll be moving. How do you achieve the same effect? Is it just shoot two well-choreographed videos as similarly timed and tracked as possible and work from there? Or is there a more efficient way to achieve this?

Thank you for any help!
    Best,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bucadyz View Post
    Hello,

I'm very new to the forum so apologies first off if I post in the wrong place.

So I'm familiar with (one of) the general concepts of how to make an object appear floating. You take a video with just the background, and then you take a video with the object on the same background suspended by like a string or something, and then you add a layer mask on the string to make it disappear and make the background appear.

My question is, how would you do this with a moving camera? What I mean for example handheld cam style or tracking, the background and the footage won't be in a singular frame, they'll be moving. How do you achieve the same effect? Is it just shoot two well-choreographed videos as similarly timed and tracked as possible and work from there? Or is there a more efficient way to achieve this?

Thank you for any help!
    Best,
    John
    Green screen it, that is probably the easiest way...
    The cats are watching us...