Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dvd wont play??

Default dvd wont play??

i recently bought a dvd from ebay with 35 cd albums on it when i put the dvd in my dvd drive it just acts as if there is no disk. i know it works because i have played it on my dvd player. do i need a codec or something i have windows xp and i have windvd 2000 installed. many thanx if u can help. angie

I'll pretend you didn't just say you bought this on ebay

It could be Ogg Vorbis or MP3 Pro. Have you tried opening them up in Winamp?

You mean that when you click on the drive letter in windows explorer you get asked to insert a disk?

Curious if it is. My personaly experience is that PC will read disks that DVD players won't and not the other way around.

I have to ask the obvious but are you sure you never put the disk in a CD drive?

Reading this again, your problem is assuming this is a DVD, i.e DVD movie. All you have to do is open the DVD in Windows Explorer and play them in Media Player or Winamp.

Hmm. Marc's probably right here. I read it as though the disk is not recognised at all.

Some clarification is needed here I think.

thanks every1 for getting back so fast
    it is a dvd and i did put it in dvd drive and when i put it in my dvd player it plays it just wont open with wmp (10) or windvd i will now try winamp but it is very strange as my dvd drive plays other dvd's and woops i didnt really buy it on ebay that was a joke

i tried winamp it saying the same "windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows." the disk is a dvd and it has mp3's on it.

It could simply be that your drive is having trouble reading the brand of media. Try it on a mates machine.

Marc is right - it's either a really cheap brand DVD or your dvd drive is really old. Older drives can't read dvd-r's and some only read cartain brands of dvd-r's - dont ask which reads which as it vaires too much. - If u know anyone with anewer system ask em to test it.

mmmmm...intresting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast