Thread: Audio Skipping

Default Audio Skipping

I am working with Openshot Video Editor and am having problems with the audio track. When it is by itself, it works just fine, but when it is on my video editor, placed with a picture, it skips during the preview. Is there any reason for this? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Howard View Post
    I am working with Openshot Video Editor and am having problems with the audio track. When it is by itself, it works just fine, but when it is on my video editor, placed with a picture, it skips during the preview. Is there any reason for this? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for your help.
    Might be a number of things actually. Like perhaps it's imported at the wrong Hz or the composition/project is set to a different Hz and the software doesn't automatically adjust to that. I suspect it's more important to find out if it plays back correctly when you've exported the file? At least that's what I'd try first... export a piece of it with the video, see if that sounds right if it does I'd probably just continue working. If it doesn't or if the preview skipping really bothers you I'd first check all the audio settings of your project because there's a big chance that something somewhere there is off.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

The first thing that came to my mind was a sample frequency mismatch. The norm for video is 48kHz while CDs are 44.1kHz. My video editor (Vegas Pro 14) can do the conversion on the fly, but perhaps your free software isn't as adaptable. More info about project settings and audio/video file properties would help.

Thanks for the help. Any idea of how I could resize the file?