Thread: NEED HELP CAPTURING WITH ADOBE V.6.5

Default NEED HELP CAPTURING WITH ADOBE V.6.5

HI!

I'm new here Hey, I worked with an earlier version of Adobe Premiere in a cable access facility some years ago and I was pretty good at it, then I recently got the 6.5 version. I have been getting whipped though. Could someone PLEASE help me in a step by step, here are my doubts:

1. I want to movie capture from a DVD disk, not a camera. So when I open Adobe, what are the settings on Load Project Settings? Do I ignore DV altogether?

2. To capture video: when I click on File and then Capture and then Movie Capture, nothing happens. I don't how to go to my D drive from there to capture the images on my disk. That's where I need most help with right now.

Thanks everyone!!!

tony

Blog Entries

Adobe Premiere will not be able to capture from a DVD camera. It will only capture from DV devices via firewire.

To work with video from a DVD device in Premiere, I would suggest you follow the steps in section 9 of the faq: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/faq

Hey Marc
    thanks for taking the time to answer....

I got a hold of MPEG video wizard after I read the FAQ, it seems to be working now. The only thing I experienced is that as I capture video to the video wizard, and then to Premiere, it seems to slow down Premiere substantially. And I have a fast machine. Do you know what thast could be by any chance?

Blog Entries

I'm a bit confused

If you Womble, I'd edit in that. Premiere doesn't like MPEG hence the slooooooooooooow downa .

OH!!!!!!!
    I see........

I'm still reading the help files, but as far as you know Womble allows you to copy your projects to DVD right? As you can tell, I'm new at this, my final goal is to edit and burn my project to a VCD or DVD.

thanx
    tony

Blog Entries

I don't think it will enable DVD authoring, but then neither does Premiere 6.5 . You'll need to output as MPEG2, then import this into a DVD authoring application.

Is there an editing program in the market today that edits video and also enables DVD authoring? THAT'S what I'm looking for.

ok, let me ask you this, you seem to know your stuff. if you were to have a program, or the programs, to edit from a dvd disc and then do the authoring to finally burn, which would you have? Did I make sense?

Blog Entries

I haven't tried, but MAGIX MOVIE EDIT PRO 2004 is reported to work with MPEG and enables DVD authoring.