Thread: "Save our school " video. Thoughts?

Default "Save our school " video. Thoughts?

<span style="font-family: SF Optimized, system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif"><font color="#1d2129">

People in local community
    have been very pleased with the video I put together but you guys on here are the acid test. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    <span style="font-family: SF Optimized, system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif"><font color="#1d2129">

People in local community
    have been very pleased with the video I put together but you guys on here are the acid test. What do you think?

watch glare on people’s glasses

claims about differing school standards should be substantiated with a reference

sound not great but everyone could be understood

nice countryside

great job overall

Thanks for the feedback.

For the interview with councillor I just used handheld mic but with the children I used the internal mic and I agree sound could have been better but for the audience that were going to watch it and the platform it was on I was ok with it.

Glare was not something I noticed or even thought about so thank you for pointing it out, will look for it in future.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    watch glare on people’s glasses

claims about differing school standards should be substantiated with a reference

sound not great but everyone could be understood

nice countryside

great job overall

Blog Entries

Even though Zam comes from a land where kids are expected to ski across country for several seasons just to get to school he makes some valid points.
    Whilst this is making the case for keeping the school open and therefore does not have to present a balanced opinion, it should at least anticipate the opposing view and be ready to substantiate the arguments.
    Certainly the councillor should know better than to make statements such as "no doubt it will have a detrimental effect on their health and wellbeing" without something to back it up. Also, why would this impact on after school clubs and extra curricular activities? I'm sure the counter argument would be "bigger school, more facilities".
    Contrast this with the more clear cut arguments - greater distance to travel = more polution, impact on family life, tiredness etc.
    I'm not suggesting that the other points aren't valid, but they need to be demonstrable.

I'd have liked one or two parents talking about the problems of getting the children to school and back in time for work (for example), but be ready for the counter argument about school busses being laid on and making it more convenient than at present.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Even though Zam comes from a land where kids are expected to ski across country for several seasons just to get to school he makes some valid points.
    Whilst this is making the case for keeping the school open and therefore does not have to present a balanced opinion, it should at least anticipate the opposing view and be ready to substantiate the arguments.
    Certainly the councillor should know better than to make statements such as "no doubt it will have a detrimental effect on their health and wellbeing" without something to back it up. Also, why would this impact on after school clubs and extra curricular activities? I'm sure the counter argument would be "bigger school, more facilities".
    Contrast this with the more clear cut arguments - greater distance to travel = more polution, impact on family life, tiredness etc.
    I'm not suggesting that the other points aren't valid, but they need to be demonstrable.

I'd have liked one or two parents talking about the problems of getting the children to school and back in time for work (for example), but be ready for the counter argument about school busses being laid on and making it more convenient than at present.
    Tim is correct - I had to chuckle a couple of times during the video - in the 60s in my hometown of LaTuque where it could easily be -40 during winter, I walked 4 miles to school every day - on some days I could get a ride with my dad on his way to work but I arrived at the school 20 minutes before the janitor arrived to open it up - on those days I trudged through waist-deep snow, in pitch darkness, to the back of the school where the air vents came out - I huddled there until the janitor came to drag my lifeless corpse out of the snow - just to survive for those 20 minutes - just to survive - alone in the cold and dark - and you try to tell that to the kids these days

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Tim is correct - I had to chuckle a couple of times during the video - in the 60s in my hometown of LaTuque where it could easily be -40 during winter, I walked 4 miles to school every day - on some days I could get a ride with my dad on his way to work but I arrived at the school 20 minutes before the janitor arrived to open it up - on those days I trudged through waist-deep snow, in pitch darkness, to the back of the school where the air vents came out - I huddled there until the janitor came to drag my lifeless corpse out of the snow - just to survive for those 20 minutes - just to survive - alone in the cold and dark - and you try to tell that to the kids these days
    zamiotana, you were lucky ...

Last edited by enc; 02-13-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933