Thread: Lake District Bothy

Default Lake District Bothy

I documented our short trip to the lake district, UK. Shot with Nikon D5300/ Nikkor 35mm F1.8 and DJI Spark

2. Default

I liked it.
    I feel like i don't need to point out the small issues to you, because you are on the right track with your cinematography. You will figure out those little things as you make more of these videos.

The only thing i would want to say is - don't export this kind of video on 60 fps. Use a 24 fps timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    I liked it.
    I feel like i don't need to point out the small issues to you, because you are on the right track with your cinematography. You will figure out those little things as you make more of these videos.

The only thing i would want to say is - don't export this kind of video on 60 fps. Use a 24 fps timeline.
    Thanks for the feedback, realised I've been making that mistake - all part of the process

I liked it too. Very pleasant.

Did you really take the top end of the music track down for the underwater shot or did that just happen ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristouVisuals View Post
    I documented our short trip to the lake district, UK. Shot with Nikon D5300/ Nikkor 35mm F1.8 and DJI Spark

Iíll start with an admission - I didnít enjoy the video. Let me explain why!

Two things really stuck out for me here: shot selection and narrative. Both of these worked against you.

The opening shots are a great example. Personally I would have left these on the cutting room floor, but youíve chosen to lead with them. As you have a drone I would have opened with an aerial shot of your lodge. This will then be the start of the journey.

The music choice, whilst fitting, made for a really tough edit. It demands fantastic visuals as you place more reliance on these to create viewer engagement. For me this made shots like the frying food and your girlfriend look really uninspired. The colours were also really washed out (granted it was raining) which further distances me from the video.

My advice would be to work on creating a narrative, choose music thatís easier to edit to and be more critical of shot selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the music choice though at the end I have the feeling I'm missing a few notes...
    I feel that the shots look nice on their own yet I must admit I do see the point that Marc makes about narrative. I didn't like the multiple shots of grass at the beginning either, just the first one would have sufficed in my opinion.
    I suspect that a little re-arranging could improve this video.

Overall I did like it though.
    The cats are watching us...