Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Site closure

Default Site closure

After over 15 years of running this site Iíve decided itís time to call it a day. My time of on the site has reduced over recent years and I can no longer justify the £1,000+ annual spend. I have yet to decide on the actual closure date, but it will likely be in the next week. A big thank you to all of the contributors over the years and the friends Iíve made on the way.

Bummer. This is the only site I've found for getting quality information and advice about editing.

There might be a reprieve! I’m looking to reduce hosting fees significantly so bear with me...

Blog Entries

Nooooo! There must be someone here who can come up with an alternative host that costs considerably less than this. Maybe ad funded? I'd be happy to contribute a (small) amount towards the upkeep of this or an alternative site.
    Tim

Blog Entries

If it does come to closure, can I be the first to thank you, Marc, for providing this superb platform for us to share opinions and advice. I have learned so much here over the past 10 or more years and will sorely miss it. Dammit, I still miss Mark Watson - so much of a "character" that he had to be banned!
    Tim

I joined rather late, but can I still be the second to thank you. Hope you'll find a solution to continue.

7. Default

May I add my sentiments to all the above. I will certainly miss the forum and hope that doesn't come about.
    Wynn

Nooooo !!!!
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

That's a lot of money mate. I understand why you can't keep paying that sort of money out.

This is a great forum and will be a huge loss. Thanks for the last 15 years Marc. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    After over 15 years of running this site Iíve decided itís time to call it a day. My time of on the site has reduced over recent years and I can no longer justify the £1,000+ annual spend. I have yet to decide on the actual closure date, but it will likely be in the next week. A big thank you to all of the contributors over the years and the friends Iíve made on the way.
    That's a selfless gesture for little or no obvious personnel gain. I'll be sad to see the site go but fully understand your prodiciment.

enc (since 2006)
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast