Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site closure

1. Default

First, let me start with a big thank you for this forum! The community you have built over the years is fantastic here.

Second. I have been building and maintaining websites for over a decade now and when i saw that you spend £1,000+ a year on this forum i was shocked.
    There are solutions out there that are 3-4 times cheaper per year, that can handle any load a forum could generate.

You should really reevaluate your options in terms of hosting.

It would be too sad to see it go. I've met some great people here.

Thanks for all you have done Marc.

An update and brief history for context, but first of thank you for the kind of words.

About seven years ago ad content paid for a dedicated server. Traffic was high and all was good. Then ad revenue dropped. So did traffic but not at the same rate! I moved to cloud hosting as my host decided traffic volume was too high to go with shared. On Monday I decided to investigate going shared again. And they agreed to switch. So that’s a reduction of £90 per month. There’s a one of migration fee but that’s something I can stomach. So there’s a lifeline!

Glad to hear you found new life or continued life or what ever it is. What I'm trying to say is that it's great that Digital Director/Video Forums will be continuing.

Blog Entries

A reprieve. Hoorah!
    I'm (pleasantly) surprised this site has ever had enough traffic to warrant a dedicated server. I suppose there was a time when Midnight Blue and I were posting almost every minute, but even so ....
    Tim

6. Default

Nice story arc.

I am glad the forum will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    A reprieve. Hoorah!
    I'm (pleasantly) surprised this site has ever had enough traffic to warrant a dedicated server. I suppose there was a time when Midnight Blue and I were posting almost every minute, but even so ....
    Ha Ha. Those were the days.

YES
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I still miss Mark Watson - so much of a "character" that he had to be banned!
    Wow ! theres a blast from the past

He was given so many chances but he was on a mission to
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Well, I'm glad that there seems to be a reprieve! And although I've only been here a short time, I too wish to offer my thanks for providing this site. As I said before, I haven't found any other forum that provides good info and advice on video editing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast