Thread: Time Lapse: 9h48m to <40s

1. Default Time Lapse: 9h48m to <40s

Simple stationary time lapse using old Hero2. Recently acquired skeleton housing allowed for external power while on tripod. I didn't really want to crop it to 16:9 so I pillarboxed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Simple stationary time lapse using old Hero2. Recently acquired skeleton housing allowed for external power while on tripod. I didn't really want to crop it to 16:9 so I pillarboxed it.

Nice,

Love to see a pic of the gear setup. Any chance it'd work on a solar cell?
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

It looks like a standard Hero2 housing but with an opening on the side with the USB, mic and A/V connectors. A solar USB battery is my next test. I'm also considering a small gel cell with a car USB adapter, which could do double duty as ballast for the tripod. I'd like to be able to leave it running for a full day on battery power.

It looks like a standard Hero2 housing but with an opening on the side with the USB, mic and A/V connectors. A solar USB battery is my next test. I'm also considering a small gel cell with a car USB adapter, which could do double duty as ballast for the tripod. I'd like to be able to leave it running for a full day on battery power.
    Ah right I think I got the idea yeah. Sounds like a good plan, hang it in a high place somewhere and I bet you can have really nice results! Well keep us updated when you can

Can you explain a little more how you set up the power supply ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

If you're open to buying stuff instead of DIY-ing you might like to check this store out: https://cam-do.com/collections/hero2 . They cater to long term time-lapse based on GoPro cameras.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    If you're open to buying stuff instead of DIY-ing you might like to check this store out: https://cam-do.com/collections/hero2 . They cater to long term time-lapse based on GoPro cameras.
    Thanks, I'll bookmark that site.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Can you explain a little more how you set up the power supply ?
    Right now it's just an old phone charger with the right USB end. It's got a nice long cord and seems to power the Hero2 just fine. That could be replaced by a small gel cell and a 12v to USB adapter, which should run it for days. If that weren't enough I could add a solar cell paralleled to the battery to top it off each day. Alternatively, there are those solar charging cell phone boosters, an all in one external battery/solar charging option.The open sided housing makes all these options possible, but it can also let dust and water in.

https://shop.gopole.com/products/dualcharge

GoPro Hero2 with external power.jpg