Thread: Greetings with a music video I made in my room + shed

Cool Greetings with a music video I made in my room + shed

Heyyy guys, I am Brian, just join this forum.

This is a music video I made for my friend, as a uni student, we had limited resources, so we decided set ourselves a challenge.

With only 50 budget, From planning to post production all within 50 hours, (we actually did it in 45 hehe) plus my room and shed.

Now I am aware that there is a slight lighting problem, but it was due to the lighting kit that I borrowed from uni were faulty, and I had to return the camera kit back after the weekend. Anyway enough talking please enjoy this short music video and also any feedback would be appericated.

Merry Christmas

Brian

P.s (Am I doing something wrong? why isn't my video showing up in a little screen under the link? please feel free to click in to the link)
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-27-2017 at 04:28 PM.

You have to put the URL of the video inside the insert video box when making a post. I fixed it for you.

Blog Entries

Not sure I'd call that a slight lighting problem - I would have thought it was essential that you can see the face of the artist in a music vid (unless deliberately obscured). I realise you were up against it, but surely you realised he was in semi-silhouette when filming.
    I liked the graphics and the fact that you didn't overused them - kept us guessing when it might happen next. I liked the smokey light background which, if hardly innovative, seemed to work well.
    Credit too for the consistent grade/look.
    Other than that it was a bit ordinary (rapper gesticulating with tired only moves directed at the camera, lighting a joint at the beginning).
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by BC_PRODUCTIONZ View Post
    Now I am aware that there is a slight lighting problem, but it was due to the lighting kit that I borrowed from uni were faulty.
    Yes, shit happens but as the producer/director it's your job to find solutions. Fancy fast cutting or whatever won't make it better. I liked the shot with the glasses apart from that, I didn't find it at all engaging. Sorry Brian it's a no from me.

Well rather you guys be honest than not telling me the truth, thanks for the advice, I mean we are planning to film a few more for his album, so lets hope it gets better each time. Thanks guys

I liked it
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BC_PRODUCTIONZ View Post
    Well rather you guys be honest than not telling me the truth, thanks for the advice, I mean we are planning to film a few more for his album, so lets hope it gets better each time. Thanks guys
    Yeah. It can sound harsh, but as you clearly appreciate everyone telling you it's awsome is not going to give you nay clues as to how to improve - and that's what we're all trying to do.
    Tim