Thread: automated slow motion editing

Default automated slow motion editing

I want to slow down a 3 sec 240 fps video 8x times to 24 sec 30 fps and put some music over it.

The thing is that it needs to happen automated and as fast as possible.
    My GoPro transfares the video file wirelessly to a PC.
    When it the file is copied to the PC it should automatically start the editing and when ready it should drop the file off in a desired folder.

im really looking forward for some input.

cheers
    Florian

Can't think of a fully automated way to do this but what I'd do is:
    1 copy all the gopro files to the pc.
    2 load them all in after effects.
    3 select the first file and press CTRL+ALT+G and set the frame rate to 30 where it says "Confirm to frame rate:"
    4 then press CTRL+ALT+C
    5 Select all files and press CTRL+ALT+V
    6 Make a composition for each file and que those to media encoder
    7 Let media encoder process the que

Come to think of it you can automate step 2 to 7 with a script which is what I'd do if you would be needing this on a daily/weekly occasion.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by florian View Post
    I want to slow down a 3 sec 240 fps video 8x times to 24 sec 30 fps and put some music over it.

The thing is that it needs to happen automated and as fast as possible.
    My GoPro transfares the video file wirelessly to a PC.
    When it the file is copied to the PC it should automatically start the editing and when ready it should drop the file off in a desired folder.

im really looking forward for some input.

cheers
    Florian
    And i want a flying pony. But sadly those don't exists and neither does what you want.

Either you have watched too many SciFi movies or I am not sure how you even came up with the idea that in 2017 a PC would have the capability to automatically start a specific editing software once it detects that GoPro files are being transferred to one of the PCs Hard Drives, then detect what fps those files have and interpret them as 30 fps, then transfer those files in a 30 fps timeline, automatically add music over it that's perfectly synced with whatever footage you had and then automatically export them to a desired folder.

I have to ask - are you NUTS?

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    And i want a flying pony. But sadly those don't exists and neither does what you want.

Either you have watched too many SciFi movies or I am not sure how you even came up with the idea that in 2017 a PC would have the capability to automatically start a specific editing software once it detects that GoPro files are being transferred to one of the PCs Hard Drives, then detect what fps those files have and interpret them as 30 fps, then transfer those files in a 30 fps timeline, automatically add music over it that's perfectly synced with whatever footage you had and then automatically export them to a desired folder.

I have to ask - are you NUTS?
    No it's really not that hard... relatively speaking
    You only need to have your software monitor an input folder just like the "watch folder" function from adobe media encoder(AME). If only AME would be able to reinterpret the footage and add a music track you wouldn't even need to get scripting
    Come to think of it you can probably even create an easier solution than my initial idea. But yeah it would require some scripting/programming.
    I mean, task automation is really what computers are for right?
    The cats are watching us...