Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas 15 issue

Default Vegas 15 issue

I've been using Vegas 15 for a couple of months now and it generally runs as expected. There is one issue which I wonder if anyone else has had.

Putting still images on the time line seems to make Vegas crash. I've had issues even when rendering. These could be photos I've taken or even snapshots from the time line !

I'm hoping there is a fix for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I've been using Vegas 15 for a couple of months now and it generally runs as expected. There is one issue which I wonder if anyone else has had.

Putting still images on the time line seems to make Vegas crash. I've had issues even when rendering. These could be photos I've taken or even snapshots from the time line !

Yes mate, get Premier sorry couldn't resist. .. havent used vegas since ...err version 10 ??
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Ha Ha.

How’d you manage that then?

Vegas is perfect - the problem must lie between the chair and the keyboard

Or you could step up to final cut

Everyone's a comedian.

Blog Entries

Everyone's a comedian.
    No me. I'm as dull as ditchwater.
    All I can say at this point is I gave up and upgraded from 13 to 15 a couple of months ago. I've only used it for one short project - a 4 min throwaway film - but it did include several still images of different resolutions and I failed to make it crash. However, these were all low resolution, so when I get the opportunity I try throwing something a bit bigger at it.
    Tim

Perhaps I've just got an unstable installation or something, I could try a re-install I suppose.

It's a shame as my version 12 takes anything I throw at it without a problem. This has been my work around by the way. I render the images in v12, then put them on the v15 time line that I'm working on. What was really annoying was when rendering a 30mins program that I'm working on, which takes 5 hours to render. Halfway through, it just stopped rendering much to my disappointment when I got up the next morning. I've finished this project now but would like a proper solution before I start my next project.

I like version 15 because (normally) it seems to playback better on my computer, when I'm reviewing 'corrected footage', than my v12 does.

I have 15 and have put some FZ2000 JPG images on the timeline and no issues, also used PNG and TIFF with no issues, hope that helps

Z Cheema M.M.Inst.V.

I've come to the conclusion that I must have some sort of conflict on my PC. I don't know what it is yet. BUT I've found that Vegas crashes at other random times no matter what I'm doing. I tried re-installing it but that didn't work. So it will be a long road to find out the issue. :(

MB, have you checked with the usual suspect (GPU acceleration) OFF? https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...ility--104785/ point 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast