Thread: Jerkiness on You Tube with iphone video

1. Default Jerkiness on You Tube with iphone video

A colleague has just send me a link to a video on YT heís made of a garden party with a big band etc. He used his iphone and done a good job on the editing. The sound of the band is great. However, throughout the video it suffers from a lot of jerkiness. Looking at it several times, it appears to be on his quite slow pans etc. I know nothing about the technical details of the video on iphones so canít advise him at all.

Any ideas on this problem please.
    Wynn

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn Stedders View Post
    A colleague has just send me a link to a video on YT heís made of a garden party with a big band etc. He used his iphone and done a good job on the editing. The sound of the band is great. However, throughout the video it suffers from a lot of jerkiness. Looking at it several times, it appears to be on his quite slow pans etc. I know nothing about the technical details of the video on iphones so canít advise him at all.

Any ideas on this problem please.
    Wynn
    Might just be the YouTube file compression. Other things may be the frame rate at which is it shot vs the frame rate he exported it to or perhaps his particular iPhone settings may have been off.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Thanks Grapes. I am following this up with my colleague.
    Cheers. Wynn

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn Stedders View Post
    Thanks Grapes. I am following this up with my colleague.
    Cheers. Wynn
    Good luck!
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    may be the frame rate at which is it shot vs the frame rate he exported it to f.
    this
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Note sure without seeing the footage but it could be an image stabilisation issue. ie the phone holds the image stable as that's what it' designed to do but when doing a pan the phone will eventually give up and start again. This can be an issue with any camera with image stabilisation switched on.

If however the lighting was low the framerate chosen by the camera will be low so that again could be an issue. All just guesses without seeing the footage.

7. Default

Thanks very much for that reply. I had forwarded the previous suggestions to my colleague and I know he found that his iphone camera was recording at 30fps and that most likely he exported from his editing programme (which is AVS Video Editing) at the rate of 25fps. I don't know how he has progressed from there on.

I will forward him your post and ask if he would like me to give you the You Tube link - or even join this forum himself.

Thanks again. Wynn.