Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 16:9 Ratio

So if I make a Graphic Image 640x360 this is not a 4:3 Ratio right?

Widescreen has to be 16 Units Wide by 9. Units High.

So am I right my Graphic Image is Widescreen because it is 640x360 or because the Graphic Pixels are diferant then Video Pixels I have to make it a Diferant RES.??

To make a Graphic Image Widescreen do I have to use diferant Sizes then 640x360?

Because Graphics use diferant Pixels then Video?

Quote Originally Posted by biferi View Post
    So if I make a Graphic Image 640x360 this is not a 4:3 Ratio right?

Widescreen has to be 16 Units Wide by 9. Units High.

So am I right my Graphic Image is Widescreen because it is 640x360 or because the Graphic Pixels are diferant then Video Pixels I have to make it a Diferant RES.??

•640 x 360 = 16:9

•Widescreen does not have to be 16:9. For example 5:3 or 2:1 is also widescreen!

"Widescreen" is just a generalisation like the colour "blue" which covers colours like "ultramarine", "cyan" and "indigo"!

•A graphic image of 640 x 360 will fit a widescreen television but on most modern televisions it will look ugly because most modern televisions are 1920 x 1080!

Quote Originally Posted by biferi View Post
    To make a Graphic Image Widescreen do I have to use diferant Sizes then 640x360?

Because Graphics use diferant Pixels then Video?
    •No
    The cats are watching us...

Well if I want to make a Widescreen 16:9 Ratio Graphic Image should I make it 640x360 Pixels or 853x480 Pixels?

I ask because Graphics use diferant Pixel Ratios and I did not know if when I made my 640x360 Graphic and then made my Video with a Pixel Ratio of 1.2121:1 if it would be Widescreen?

Because it fills my 72 Inch TV when played back like I say.

Well this is what I should have asked this time.

Everything today is Digital and it is Mimicking Analog.

So a NTSC Analog 4:3 image made Digital will be 640x480 Pixels or today 720x480.

And if you want to make a Graphic image 4:3 you do not make it 640x480 720x480 because Graphics use Square Type Pixel Ratios. They arang the Pixels in a Square Type Ratio.
    So to make the Graphics image Mimick a 4:3 Analog Ratio you make it 720x540 and to Mimick an Analog Widescreen Ratio you make it 853x480 Pixels.

Am I right on this?

Blog Entries

biferi, several people have given you good, correct explanations. Grapes in particular has been extremely patient and I'm sure you're grateful.

Why don't we approach this another way. What are you trying to do?

Please don't answer and say "I'm trying to produce a graphic that looks right on a widescreen" TV or similar, but tell us exactly what you what you want to do. Give us an example if possible - something similar to what you are trying to do.

What are you using to produce the graphic?
    How are you going to incorporate that into a video (eg what software)?
    How are you going to play this back (A BluRay player? A USB stick? DVD Player? Plugged into a TV? On a Computer?

I'm all in favour of you wanting to understand all this, but sometimes we just have to give up and get on with getting the job done.
    Tim

Thanks Tim.

Biferi, why don't you just simply try it out to see if the results are satisfying?

Ok I am sorry I did not tell you step by step.
    Thank you for all your help so far and I will try to tell you more.

Well you know I am making a lot of Graphic Images and I am using CorelDraw and I Export to JPG.

I will have a lot of things in my Graphics so I will need to Export as a Widescreen.

So I thought I have to make my Graphic 853x480 to Mimick Digital Widescreen.

Because I will be Importing them into my Video Editor and I will be setting up the Project as Widescreen with a Pixel Ratio of 1.2121:1
    So I just want it to show as Whidescreen to keep everything looking good.

And this I why I think this.
    I though NTSC Digital Video 4:3 is 640x480 because it Mimicks Analog. And Digital will put the Pixels in a Rectangular Shape.

And Digital Graphics will put the Pixels in a Square Shape so you have to make the Graphic 853x480 to Mimick Digital Widescreen.

I am so so sory I did not tell you everything.
    I think I was just going faster in my Head.

So what is your Thoughts?

Fair enough, here are my thoughts:

1. Stop worrying over Pixel Ratios! This will likely be corrected by the hardware of your TV or monitor.
    2. I know you have bad eyes but if you can read this forum you can definitely use the calculator I mentioned in my first post to find out what sizes match the 16:9 aspect ratio.
    The calculator can be found here: https://calculateaspectratio.com
    3. Do a test with just a few images to see if you like the results so you don't have to ask the same questions over and over!

OK it worked.

I made my JPG Graphic and had all my things in it as I want them to show on TV.

I then Export my Graphic as JPG 853x480.

I then Import all my JPGs in to Movie Studio and ad my Audio.
    I did make my Project Settings Widescreen 1.2121:1

Now I make my DVD and pick 16:9 Widecreen.

And when I play it on my DVD Player on my 72 Inch Widescreen it plays good and Fills the screen out.
    And it all stays as it should.

But like I say my TV is 5 feet wide and 2 feet high.

If I did make a DVD widescreen would I not see Bars on top and bottum?

You know to keep the shape as widescreen?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast