Thread: Learn Premiere in 5 minutes!

Lightbulb Learn Premiere in 5 minutes!

Hi!

The fact that many tutorials have lots of unnecessary stuff in them has always bothered me a lot. This made me want to do a tutorial
    where all the boring stuff has been left out. This tutorial is targeted for people who have never used Premiere Pro and want to learn it fast.
    The goal is that after this video the viewer knows how to make a complete video from starting the project all the way to exporting, in just few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwzTbBQ3ug&t=22s

Thanks for watching and I wish inspiring day to everyone!
    Antton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutteriwiritys View Post
    This tutorial is targeted for people who have never used Premiere Pro and want to learn it fast.
    The goal is that after this video the viewer knows how to make a complete video from starting the project all the way to exporting, in just few minutes.
    Not at all ambitious then

Not a bad effort. As someone who is not familiar with PP but is familiar with other NLEs this would probably be a reasonable way to get going. I'd watch it once, then bookmark it and refer back to it for specific tasks. To that end it would be a good idea if you put links in your description to the specific times for each topic.

So, to that extent, it works. It could be more user friendly though:

Having instructions as captions is useful (when one is fast forwarding to find a specific place) but I would have liked a voiceover as well. It is impossible to both follow the cursor and other on screen action and read the text (some of which was actually too quick for me to read).

Some sort of highlight identifying which part of the screen we're mean to be concentrating on (like the circle around the cursor which blinks when clicked (from Camtasia, I think).

Ditto zooming in on the action.

I doubt it would be any good to someone trying to learn an NLE for the first time - it assumes too much knowledge. Introducing words such as "keyframes" without giving any concept of what they are for, for example, will be too much for most newbies. On the other hand it would give newbies an understanding of what can be achiebd with not too much learning.

So overall, well done.
    Tim

thanks for the topic

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not at all ambitious then

Not a bad effort. As someone who is not familiar with PP but is familiar with other NLEs this would probably be a reasonable way to get going. I'd watch it once, then bookmark it and refer back to it for specific tasks. To that end it would be a good idea if you put links in your description to the specific times for each topic.

So, to that extent, it works. It could be more user friendly though:

Having instructions as captions is useful (when one is fast forwarding to find a specific place) but I would have liked a voiceover as well. It is impossible to both follow the cursor and other on screen action and read the text (some of which was actually too quick for me to read).

Some sort of highlight identifying which part of the screen we're mean to be concentrating on (like the circle around the cursor which blinks when clicked (from Camtasia, I think).

Ditto zooming in on the action.

I doubt it would be any good to someone trying to learn an NLE for the first time - it assumes too much knowledge. Introducing words such as "keyframes" without giving any concept of what they are for, for example, will be too much for most newbies. On the other hand it would give newbies an understanding of what can be achiebd with not too much learning.

So overall, well done.
    Thanks for your reply!