Thread: Dubai Video Love to hear some feedback

Default Dubai Video Love to hear some feedback

https://youtu.be/nR7aucm515s
    Hey guys i have begun doing some travel videos a month ago.
    My equipment/skills are limited can you guys please give me some comments
    thanks

Shoot from the perspective from the viewer. Imagine you are your own demographic and then try to create exactly what he/she wants to see.
    By the looks of this video I assume you're making this for your family and friends back home to share them the experience.
    If I'm right I reckon you're doing a really good job as far as they are concerned.

You may want to get something like a handheld gimbal or some other form of mild stabilisation to take the edge of the more jerky shots.
    Don't overdo that if you're shooting for friends and family though because it's more authentic to have a little bit of handheld shakiness.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

Sorry, Whilst i agree with what Grapes says I think he is being too kind. You need to be much more severe with your editing. There are too many shots that are either too shaky for comfort or which show nothing (eg 0:29). trim the clips leaving only the bits that contribute.
    Tim

4. Default

I fully agree with Tim's comments. Try your hardest to hold the camera steady and reduce all the wildly shaky shots. Wynn.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sorry, Whilst i agree with what Grapes says I think he is being too kind.
    Well yeah he did say his equipment and skills are limited so I thought I'd tone down the criticism.
    It's like when you get your first job review after a week and your boss says you're utterly useless and you lose all motivation when it's just because you're new.
    You're right in your additional feedback some rigorous editing will definitely be an easy way to improve.

Hey guys,
    Thank you for your comments
    I did a new video taking all of your comments in consideration: https://youtu.be/l6gE9O-6NnY
    Any feedbacks?
    Thank you guys!

Yeah I see the improvement. I skipped through it a bit and think the flower shot isn't adding much to the over-all vid. Length wise I reckon this is about the longest you can go before it becomes boring. Now it's probably a good time to improve the narration. (With narration I refer to the underlying story not anything with a narrator.) I get the feeling you already tried it a bit but to me there wasn't enough coherence between the various takes. Right now the start looks like you're leaving the Netherlands then suddenly you are in Amsterdam where at the end you are suddenly back on a beach in Dubai...

Next trip you take you may want to stick to the chronological order as much as possible (or make a better connection between the shots). If that works out nicely we can start looking at cutting techniques and polishing the over-all .

Blog Entries

What he said (Although narrative is the more usual term)
    Tim

I get some vertigo