Thread: Time Lapse

Default Time Lapse

I made a time lapse of my city Oporto and i want to share with you is my first time lapse so i now is not anything special but and want some tips and some critics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkRs0LJ-bgo

Blog Entries

Not bad. I liked the quirkiness of the people jumping about and I'm not sure what it was about the look/grade that made it seem not quite natural.
    Being picky, I thought there were too many still images next to each other and there were too many different transition types.
    The only thing that really bugged me though was the reversal at 0:48. I try to make it a rule never to go backwards - we're taking the viewer on a journey, we don't want to make them retrace their steps.
    Tim

I'm mostly bugged about the points that Tim filed under "Being picky". The reversal looks odd yes but doesn't bother me much and I must say I get the slight impression it's not a true reversal at all... I like the fact that your timelapses don't flicker/strobe much which form me is the hardest part when shooting time lapses at the moment.
    I'd personally prefer this without any transitions, just clean cuts and no stills or perhaps only one still of the subject that the following time lapse part will be about.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I'm mostly bugged about the points that Tim filed under "Being picky". The reversal looks odd yes but doesn't bother me much and I must say I get the slight impression it's not a true reversal at all...
    Not a reversal of footage - a reversal of camera movement (or zoom). Like a pan left to right of a landscape and then reversing the pan within the same shot.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not a reversal of footage - a reversal of camera movement (or zoom). Like a pan left to right of a landscape and then reversing the pan within the same shot.
    Ah. Yeah it's an artistic choice perhaps.
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    i do agree with this, i liked the idea of the pan until i saw the same thing again....
    music was great, wasnt sure to start with... who and what is it???
    For short amusing clips, check out my channel.......... Click HERE

please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao