Thread: The Evil Diesel.....

Default The Evil Diesel.....

My brother likes diesel cars -- I don't ! .... So, following the VW emissions scandal I made a 'spoof' Star Wars title sequence (all with free software!) to make my point.........Only a bit of fun of course

Blog Entries

LOL! I wish this had been really difficult for you to make, but I fear not. I foresee a future in which every FaceBook post is made in Star Wars crawling titles meaning it will take even longer to read everyones inane trivia. Argghhhhhhh!
    Tim

...... Yes, I have to agree Tim - the Star Wars title 'crawl' idea has been a bit overdone.... and there are several templates online which allow a simple text replacement, to achieve what you describe..

This clip was a 'spin off' however to a project which had a slightly different 'brief' as it were.... The idea was to create a reasonably accurate version of the original crawl, but to make all the text - including the Star Wars logo - editable.

In addition, it had to be done only using free software ...it was just a fun challenge really.

So, I used HTML5 and CSS3 and free screen capture software. In fact the original looked pretty good, with a very 'smooth' scroll, Sadly, You Tube doesn't seem to like 50fps very much? .. so their online version is rather 'jerky'....

There is a copy of the original project file here: http://www.jp137.com/lvs/StarWars.crawl.sample.mp4 (it's only about 20MB)

As I say, it's only a bit of fun, but it did give me the chance to experiment with CSS3 and HTML5 animation, which I found an interesting option to conventional titling software.....

Blog Entries

Arghhh so now you've made it available for even more people!
    (But seriously, well done. I admire anyone who creates things from scratch)
    Tim

lol good one
    For short amusing clips, check out my channel.......... Click HERE

please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao