Thread: MebiStep (Beget Movement) Music Video

Default MebiStep (Beget Movement) Music Video

Hi, my name is Claudio and I come from Sardinia. I just wanna present to you my lastest video (in fact I working in video making/editing just since few months)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48fQBgsv6E

The video is selfmade with After Effecs and filmed with a Canon G25 camcorder.

“ Mebistep “ (Beget movement ) is the first video-single extracted from the album “Art has no Diplomacy “, now available on the Sardinian factory Nootempo’s official youtube channel.

Mebistep is a conceptual video that moves between suggestive images drived by an electronic and dark music with a cinematic atmosphere telling us about the unconscious (re)vival. A kind of a “ creator Id ” that becomes a puppeteer a bipolar being taht creates, destroys, celebrates his ritual.

This video Clip was realized in all of Its parts with the collaboration of Serena Pilloni and a full Sardinian production team, recorded in Mogoro the artist’s birthplace.

This video is part of a project , a trilogy born with "Unconscious (Cinematic Movement)" and it will have its end with a third “ episode “ .

Mebistep opens with an assertion, followed by a quote from the well known psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung : “ As an ancient, bizarre and grotesque craftsman, we were able to create God from our innards, shaping her-him into a stunning inanimated doll, which we can slightly feel but cannot own as a part of ourselves. We can just fear her-him, but always in chains we linger together until the end of time.”

the track si available on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mebitek/mebistep

any feedback welcome
    best regards from Sardinia

Blog Entries

Far too arty for me, but it did seem to be very well made (shot, edited, graded) and it kept me watching. It's refreshing to see something made with "only" a consumer camcorder, rather than a DSLR with a long list of lenses. People can forget just what can be done with a camcorder.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Far too arty for me, but it did seem to be very well made (shot, edited, graded) and it kept me watching. It's refreshing to see something made with "only" a consumer camcorder, rather than a DSLR with a long list of lenses. People can forget just what can be done with a camcorder.
    thanks so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it. This is my second video (first video was made with a smartphone - if u wanna check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txkHwRkEqp4) so I'm so happy about your comment.
    I just wanna add that the Canon Legria HF G25 is not a real "consumer" camcorder but it is consider as "semi-pro" one due to ability to set advanced parameters like shutter time.

thanks again!