Thread: Back again with a short Sci-Fi skit! Critique!

Default Back again with a short Sci-Fi skit! Critique!

Our new sci-fi short and the very first time we've attempted special effects in any way. Let us know what you thought! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ava_x0MrHws&t=32s

i much preferred this one except for one thing......... what did the skin thing have to do with him jumping???? but unlike the other one i found myself wanting to watch more...i could probably take a leaf out of your book though, what you've done in a few minutes, I've gone straight to the effect and not told much of a story.....feel free to see for yourself
    For short amusing clips, check out my channel.......... Click HERE

please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao

It was the effects of using the ring, which then in the newscast he would soon find out will kill him like it did the other man. It was meant to be one of those conflicts that he would have to decide. Use the ring and risk his life/health, or not and live his normal life, but no power. I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the comment! Is that your youtube name as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by bry_man View Post
    i much preferred this one except for one thing......... what did the skin thing have to do with him jumping???? but unlike the other one i found myself wanting to watch more...i could probably take a leaf out of your book though, what you've done in a few minutes, I've gone straight to the effect and not told much of a story.....feel free to see for yourself

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Films View Post
    It was meant to be one of those conflicts that he would have to decide. Use the ring and risk his life/health, or not and live his normal life, but no power.
    Ah-hah. Now we're seeing the beginnings of a good script. What you now need to introduce is a reason for him to need to use the power. THAT will be the conflict - whether he chooses to use the power to save the world/save his wife from cancer/spend a night with Jennifer Aniston (showing my age,maybe) and sacrifice his life or not use the power (and perhaps achieve his objective some other way?)

Anyway, I'm with bry_man: this was a more intriguing clip.

Effects were good - not overstated - I like that. Because I can't resist pointing out things I thought weren't so good, I thought the blacks were too crushed. We lost so much detail the shots themselves weren't quite as interesting as they might have been.
    Tim

I think as a short film it works rather well. I was able to glean enough information to understand the ring had power to corrupt and assumed the ring had killed it's previous owner from the news clip playing in the back ground. A bit Lord of the Ring-ish, but still interesting enough to work on it's own. As stated previously the film was a bit dark washing out detail, but other than that I thought it was a decent effort.

looking forward to seeing what you come up with next
    For short amusing clips, check out my channel.......... Click HERE

please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao