Thread: Hancock Effect

1. Default Hancock Effect

ok dokey here is the latest, ive seen how to's on how to do it but they are mostly with after effects which I don't have so I decided to use the green screen.... I think ill do it again sometime but not the green screen but I might have to wait till I get after effects coz im pretty sure even with the garbage matt ill struggle....see what you think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkOnN6tdrHY
    thanks for watching

(i'm hiding under the desk waiting for Tims diagnosis lmao......(be gentle))
    For short amusing clips, check out my channel.......... Click HERE

please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao

Blog Entries

For improvement you should look at the lighting. He looks like he's in shadow compared with the rest of the brightly lit background. You may be able to brighten him substantially (and shift the colour temperature) to some extent in editing, but would have been better to light him better in the first place.

One method I have seen which you could potentially use for this sort of shot is to film him in situ in the street with a green screen behind. Then remove the subject and green screen and film your background. This would guarantee your lighting matches (assuming you do it quickly enough so the sun doesn't move/cloud over etc)

You have a problem where he takes off in that he disappears about halfway towards the top of the screen rather than at the top of it. When he reappears you do not have this issue so I don't know what went wrong there.

But who cares - it's all about having fun and involving the family
    Tim

3. Default

yeah im not sure what happened when he leaps, I froze frame him before he leaps but what I should have done was have him walk into the jump...I was pleased with the ending, but as you say the lighting on both don't help.... this is where I either need to look at what you say about taking green screen with me or hurrying up buying a new computer so I can get after effects...

and yes we're having fun, especially when I say "cut, do it again lmao"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bry_man View Post
    yeah im not sure what happened when he leaps, I froze frame him before he leaps but what I should have done was have him walk into the jump...I was pleased with the ending, but as you say the lighting on both don't help.... this is where I either need to look at what you say about taking green screen with me or hurrying up buying a new computer so I can get after effects...
    Check out HitFilm Express (free) and if you get on with it get HitFilm Pro. Admittedly not the industry standard that AE is and possibly weaker in some aspects but then again a cheaper solution and certainly a cheaper entry into VFX.
    Quote Originally Posted by bry_man View Post
    and yes we're having fun, especially when I say "cut, do it again lmao"
    It's a fine line between getting the ebst performance and the family having had enough
    Tim

5. Default

very much so, my latest video is currently a massive fail, on premiere elements.... I cant even get close to the effect :( if it wasn't for my holiday trip to the states in October I would have bought a new comp by now :(