Thread: Move to Windows 10

Default Move to Windows 10

Hi,

some time a go I changed the OS on my PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. Does anyone know if there is anything that should be done after such a change to ensure Movie Studio continues to perform as before?
    The reason I ask is that I have been using Movie Studio 12 ( 64bit) since its release and never seen any reason to change. The PC I currently use was specced by me and I was impressed with how well it managed the MS application. One of my videos, typically consisting 2 or 3 video lines, a voice and a music line and a text line, would render at about 3 minutes per minute of video. I have noticed however that having changed to windows 10, renders now seem to be taking 20/25% longer. My system includes an NVIDIA Graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    Hi,

some time a go I changed the OS on my PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. Does anyone know if there is anything that should be done after such a change to ensure Movie Studio continues to perform as before?
    The reason I ask is that I have been using Movie Studio 12 ( 64bit) since its release and never seen any reason to change. The PC I currently use was specced by me and I was impressed with how well it managed the MS application. One of my videos, typically consisting 2 or 3 video lines, a voice and a music line and a text line, would render at about 3 minutes per minute of video. I have noticed however that having changed to windows 10, renders now seem to be taking 20/25% longer. My system includes an NVIDIA Graphics card.
    ok now you guys are just baiting me

after "I switched to Windows 10", please mention that "I also upgraded my PC to AlienWare so I could run that 'ma"

or buy a mac

Blog Entries

I presume you're talking about Sonie Movie Studio. Try turning GPU acceleration off - it doesn't like nVidea cards post the 5xx series.
    I noticed no discernible difference when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using Vegas Pro 13.
    Tim

I have the GeForce GTX650 and it was always enabled for render when I was using W7. I will try render without it and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.