Thread: How to make this effect in Vega 13 Pro?

Default How to make this effect in Vega 13 Pro?

Hi guys and gals,
    I am new here and this is my first post. I am not too proficient in Vegas but I am learning as I am not totally new to video stuff but still consider myself a beginner to intermediate. That said, here is my question. I have been trying to duplicate this effect (shown in video link below) and have exhausted my attempts while learning some new stuff along the way. I guess not knowing the correct terms to describe the effect doesn't help when searching for help either. So in the video, the author has two tracks of video and they are rendered with one track in wire-frame mode and the other in normal mode. He makes a transition or fade or mask or?? by exposing the normal layer with a wipe upwards. Can that be done in Vegas and if so how? I messed around with the cookie cutters but the shapes cannot be changed into what i want (I don't think), and the pan and crop may be the answer but I couldn't figure it out.
    Thanks in advance,
    SD

link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69eQ5XoW0nY

Blog Entries

Track 1: The Wire frame video
    Track 2: The track you want to reveal
    On the event in track 1 go into Pan and Crop
    Tick the "Mask" checkbox to the left of the timeline at the bottom of the Video Event FX Window
    Draw a rectangular mask just outside the whole of the image
    A Keyframe marker" will appear on the timeline. Drag this to where you want the transition to begin
    Move the timeline cursor to where you want the transition to end (ie the "reveal" to be complete and drag the bottom two mask points up above the image.

The above mimics what happens in the video you linked to (ie a reveal from the bottom)). You can obviously change the mask animation to whatever you want.

You can also put a "feather" on the mask to soften the edge.

I've attached a small veg file which demonstrates this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tim

Thank you Tim. I will give it a go. I was close to getting this before I asked for help but my mistake was trying to move the whole mask (the whole rectangle) instead of the 2 bottom corners. I will report back when I succeed. One more question but probably better in another new thread: Does Vegas 13 suffer from crashing more than version 12? I was working on a different project yesterday and after numerous crashes I worked with it in version 12 with zero problems using the same files and methods. Thanks again for the help.
    SD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    Does Vegas 13 suffer from crashing more than version 12?
    Some people find that. Others find the reverse - personally I have found 13 more stable than 12.
    Tim

Tim, The mask file you made and sent works great. Just have to make sure I draw a straight line on the bottom and it will be perfect. Ok on the crashing info. I will do some more research as I have seen some info on how to fix on youtube. I will see what they have to say and decide if I need to try some adjustments. Thanks again, SD