Thread: Multi Camera Editing in Premiere Pro

Default Multi Camera Editing in Premiere Pro

Hi guys i was hoping someone could give me a few pointers. I'm a total novice and i'm working with 3 video tracks and an audio track. First thing i need is to have them perfectly synced with the audio, as it's a vocal track. So i managed to do this by scrubbing and adding markers and then using the sync to marker name option, which seems to have worked well.

Now i'm trying to work out what is the best approach to working with multiple video sources to change camera at given times.

I've looked into Create Multi Camera Source Sequence from the project panel, but then i believe that will put them out of sync with the audio, as they are synced on the timeline.

Could anyone advise the best approach ?

Thanks for any help folks !

You could play with the opacity. When you set the change within 1 frame distance it's like a hard cut.
    If you want to know more about when and how to cut here's a nice blog article about cutting techniques: https://blog.pond5.com/11099-13-crea...r-should-know/
    The cats are watching us...

Hello! Definitely spend some time learning Multi-Camera in Premiere Pro. It is incredibly intelligent and will save you a lot of time. If you have recorded external sound (not synced to camera) but all your cameras were capturing audio, Premiere will sync them for you. It can be tricky at first but once you get going, it's a breeze to cut between angles while watching the footage live.

The only slight warning I would give is computing power. I had a pretty beefy PC and tried to run four cameras together at once. It was very laggy and I had to ditch a couple of angles to get it done. I'm not sure what you're working with but bare that in mind - just from my experience.

This tutorial might help you out: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...-sequence.html

Good luck,
    James.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitaryStudios View Post
    Hello! Definitely spend some time learning Multi-Camera in Premiere Pro. It is incredibly intelligent and will save you a lot of time. If you have recorded external sound (not synced to camera) but all your cameras were capturing audio, Premiere will sync them for you. It can be tricky at first but once you get going, it's a breeze to cut between angles while watching the footage live.

The only slight warning I would give is computing power. I had a pretty beefy PC and tried to run four cameras together at once. It was very laggy and I had to ditch a couple of angles to get it done. I'm not sure what you're working with but bare that in mind - just from my experience.

This tutorial might help you out: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...-sequence.html

Good luck,
    James.
    That sounds very useful do you happen to know if that (or something similar) is also available in After Effects?

Not really. After Effects is a compositor, whereas Premiere is an editor. I think to attempt any kind of video editing in After Effects is a nightmare and a very inefficient way of working. If you find a way, I'd love to hear about it however.

James.

Feared so. Somehow I prefer working in After Effects to Premiere even for editing but I have never tried to sync external sound before.