Thread: Troubles with video quality

Question Troubles with video quality

hi all, this is my first post here,

I need your help ! i have video clip that I've done for a "mannequin challenge" but there is something wrong with it, i even dont know the name of this problem, so i'd very very very happy if you can help me !

check the video
    https://youtu.be/uFQ_T2f3f7k

( Edit)
    I know the quality is very low and noise is high, that's ok, my problem is when the camera moves horizontally, there is this strange effect

The problem may well be a combination of things. The video clip downloaded from You Tube reveals a variable frame rate. I'm assuming the original also has a variable frame rate?....You tube re-encodes everything, and can make a right mess of variable frame rate clips, especially with fast motion.

In addition you've clearly used image stabilisation on the clip (although the vertical wobble at the start is a bit odd -- looks a bit like rolling shutter 'jello' - although that suggests some serious up and down movement being corrected?)

The problem with fast horizontal pans - when used with image stabilisation on - is that the 2 are fighting each other.... You're trying to fast pan, and the image stabiliser is trying to correct for that movement. End result .. not good.

I downloaded your clip and created a 50fps version using free optical flow tools... You can download the result of that from here: http://www.tvs.jp137.com/Projet.sans.titre.50.mp4 (the file is about 80MB) I think the horizontal pans looks a bit better? (although still not perfect). That comes from the faster frame rate.

It's not easy to get fast pans to look good. Removing image stabilisation, recording at a high frame rate (50 or 60 fps) and adding some motion blur by selecting an appropriate shutter speed can all help....
    Last edited by rogs; 12-16-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Default Thanks !

hey!

Thank you very much for your answer! That was very fast! I'm sorry for my late answer, I'm currently working on the field so I dont have internet acces everyday.

I Understand that one of the problems might be the frame rate! So is there any option to change the frame rate of a clip in FCP? could you give me a little help with that?
    Again, and Again! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

My 50fps version of your You Tube clip was made using free Windows based programs. I'm sorry to say I have I no knowledge at all of FCP, so I can't help there ...

There are some very expert members on this board who maybe able to help you with that option?....

Did the woman on the counter blink ?