Thread: I am a huge mess

Default I am a huge mess

I am new to video editing. In the past, I made some videos for youtube and everything seemed much easier. Now with a brand new computer (Windows 10) I'm struggling. I tried to upload audio files from my LG v20 phone but was not successful at getting the audio files to upload onto movie maker. The video I took from my phone looks great when I play it back on my computer but when I upload to movie maker the quality is poor. I tried to view some youtube videos with the search "video poor quality" but I did not find anything that was simple enough for me to understand. Does anyone have any advice?

Can I suggest you try it in a better editing package, there are a number here to try

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...editor-1330136

Quote Originally Posted by Babette View Post
    I am new to video editing. In the past, I made some videos for youtube and everything seemed much easier. Now with a brand new computer (Windows 10) I'm struggling. I tried to upload audio files from my LG v20 phone but was not successful at getting the audio files to upload onto movie maker. The video I took from my phone looks great when I play it back on my computer but when I upload to movie maker the quality is poor. I tried to view some youtube videos with the search "video poor quality" but I did not find anything that was simple enough for me to understand. Does anyone have any advice?
    Elizabeth - please do not use movie maker

There are many ways for you to be successful but none of them involve Windows 10 or Bill Gates or movie maker

I normally edit my movies directly on my iPhone using iMovie and upload them to YouTube - there should be a movie editing app for your LG phone (I'm guessing it is Android) - no matter how useless it is I guarantee it is better than movie maker

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Elizabeth - please do not use movie maker

There are many ways for you to be successful but none of them involve Windows 10 or Bill Gates or movie maker

I normally edit my movies directly on my iPhone using iMovie and upload them to YouTube - there should be a movie editing app for your LG phone (I'm guessing it is Android) - no matter how useless it is I guarantee it is better than movie maker

What a silly comment, I have been a professional photographer for years and I also edit video all in windows, I can only assume using a "phone" you are not a working professional, no one offering a proper reply would make a blanket statement that windows is no good any more than any sensible person would say that any one make of car is rubbish as many owners would disagree

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    What a silly comment, I have been a professional photographer for years and I also edit video all in windows, I can only assume using a "phone" you are not a working professional, no one offering a proper reply would make a blanket statement that windows is no good any more than any sensible person would say that any one make of car is rubbish as many owners would disagree
    true

i should have added that there are good editing packages for windows but movie maker isn't one of them

also should have added IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    true

there are good editing packages for windows but movie maker isn't one of them
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

You could just upload the stuff straight to YouTube and use the YouTube editor. It's quite versatile and there are plenty of good tutorials that show you the basics.
    The cats are watching us...

The workflow in using a proper program like Vegas (which you can buy on Amazon in one of the older versions for peanuts) is quite simple.

You need to first work out how to transfer the .mp4 file to your PC. Normally it is possible over USB. Then you can crop it etc in Vegas and do a Render As into another .mp4 file and then upload that to YT or Vimeo.