Thread: Hi all.. Problem with premiere

Default Hi all.. Problem with premiere

Hi all

New to this forum & premiere pro..

Would appreciate a little help. Have put a couple of vids together so far. Now working on the current vid and have copied the clip from the source panel on to the timeline.. When this clip is played back in the right hand top panel the clip appears to be "zoomed in" This is apparent on the screenshot attached. I have rendered it and played it back and this is how it stays.. Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening ??

many thanks

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by markturner; 10-04-2016 at 11:47 PM. Reason: not windows movie maker

2. Default

I'm still using Premiere CS6 so if you are using the latest version, things may be slightly different.

It's possible you may have inadvertently zoomed in by using the 'Motion' control. (There is another ways of doing this also!)

I have recreated your problem so see my screen shot attached. The small panel at the top shows these settings. The 'SCALE' setting should be 100%. You should, I hope, be able to see the detail in my screen shot that the figure arrowed is a great deal more.

Check that your setting is 100% to start with.

Hope this helps.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Wynn

Thanks for the response..

I have tried what you mentioned as it seemed to be the solution but unfortunately it is set at 100%.. I will have a fiddle around to see if I can reset it.. If you have any other idea's please let me know..

regards

Mark

Think i have found out why I am getting this issue but not the solution.. I have started the sequence with some old low res video footage.once imported on to the timeline PP reports this clup does not match the sequence settings. Change sequence to match the clip settings. If i do or dont when i drop the hd footage in after this i get the zoomed in effect. If i click on the scale to frame size on the Hd clip the quality takes a hit.. How can i preserve the quality of the hd clip..? Thanks

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markturner View Post
    Think i have found out why I am getting this issue but not the solution.. I have started the sequence with some old low res video footage.once imported on to the timeline PP reports this clup does not match the sequence settings. Change sequence to match the clip settings. If i do or dont when i drop the hd footage in after this i get the zoomed in effect. If i click on the scale to frame size on the Hd clip the quality takes a hit.. How can i preserve the quality of the hd clip..? Thanks
    I understand what you are saying and doing.

For a start I must emphasise that I’m no expert when it comes to these finer points as my experience in doing what you have done is very limitted. So I can only comment generally which wont be a lot of help I know.

In the past I have done what you have done and reduced the size of an HD clip to suit the other SD clips and, so far as I could see, the quality didn’t really drop. I can’t really see why it should!

Have you tried exporting the project (to DVD or other) to see what it looks like as a finished result? You ask ‘How can I preserve the quality of the hd clip..?’

I don’t know the answer to this, but you could try the various clip improvements/adjustments within Premiere. Brightness, contrast, colour etc. but again I don’t really know the answer to this one. Sorry.

Let's hope someone with more expert knowledge can help on this point.

Cheers. Wynn.

Hello Wynn

Thank's for your help on this.. It's not really that the clip needs adjustments as such but seems to have a definite drop in definition. I have played further tonight researching the issue and have tried to change the size format of the SD clip to suit the HD clip but still no joy..

I will give up for tonight as it gets a little frustrating and will attack it again over the weekend... But thanks for your help anyway..

No doubt I will get round this at some point..

many thanks