Thread: Thailand and Bali 2016

Talking Thailand and Bali 2016

Here's the video that I made!

What do you think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmHm6hApNeI

Cheers!

The footage was nicely shot, you had a good variety and hardly anything can top a bikini girl as opener but for me the video lacked information as the visuals with the music alone only took me to 1:05. It basically was a random stack of footage without storytelling.
    Furthermore I bet that female audience would appreciate some more bare male skin
    Last edited by XXLRay; 10-01-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Well thank you for the input, but the point of this video wasn't to tell a story it simply was about showing what we did in our trip to asia. Its the main point of a travel video. I wasn't doing a documentary.

I thought the video was great

good variety of very clean shots

good job

Well I guess for you it captures the experience you made well but for a random viewer like me it gets boring. It all depends on what you are aiming for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamteam View Post
    Well thank you for the input, but the point of this video wasn't to tell a story it simply was about showing what we did in our trip to asia. Its the main point of a travel video. I wasn't doing a documentary.
    XXLRay makes a valid point. Try not to get too defensive about it
    What you did on your trip to Asia IS a story. You'll find that the video will maintain the viewer's interest (including your own) if it is construed in such a way as to make the viewer try ti guess or want to know what happens next.It's not bad what you've got but it would be so much better if one thing led to the next.
    It might be nice to have included some ambient sound (I really wanted a few seconds of the musical instruments) - this can really add to the feeling of being there (and in your case, the memories of being there). Remember sound is at leat 50% of movies.
    Whilst I can see (and appreciated) why there were so many shots from behind your girlfriend at one point early on I was getting a bit fed up of all the shots of the back of her head.Also, she looked rather self consious in the first shot where we see her.face (0:04). this felt a bit voyeuristic, unlike the other shots of her - I loved the silhouette dancing). I'd have dropped that one.
    As Ray says - a nice variety of shots and generally well shot.
    Unfortunately the variety didn't make it to the edit. Cutting on the same beat every time is entirely hypnotic if not sleep inducing. Yes, cut to the beat, but cut when the shots need it not on the downbeat of every bar. No matter how much there is a change of pace in the images, if you are cuting to a repetitive beat that will take priority in people's perception.

I bet that even if you didn't change the order of the shots, if you just edited more sympathetically with the content rather than the music it would make a massive improvement to the video. Construct a bit more of a story or journey and add som ambient sound back in and this could be excellent.

PS, if you are still with your girlfriend in 40 years time, she probably won't thank you for all these reminders of how great her backside used to be!
    Tim

I think that the quality of video is great and some great shots made,

I must say i am a newbie in it and I have tried to make some video with only Youtube video editing.

Have a look and tell me what do you think.[Video Deleted]

ONE VIDEO PER THREAD PLEASE - Mod
    Last edited by TimStannard; 02-05-2017 at 03:31 PM.