Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: "I Am the Confederate Battle Flag"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    870

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Unusual if not, I suspect, especially original. I've never seen anything like that on this forum or others or at any of the clubs/festivals I frequent, and I wonder why? It's a great idea and I think you've executed it very well. Of course, your voice adds a lot to the package.Did you consider a few sound fx? Really enjoyed it.
    Tim

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Unusual if not, I suspect, especially original. I've never seen anything like that on this forum or others or at any of the clubs/festivals I frequent, and I wonder why? It's a great idea and I think you've executed it very well. Of course, your voice adds a lot to the package.Did you consider a few sound fx? Really enjoyed it.
    I thought about sound effects, but I was more focused on matching the spirit of the narration to visual elements that conveyed the essence of what was being spoken. I'm glad you liked it.
    Digger


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    I'm not sure what to say

    The video was basically a slide show but very well done

    Helene Mayer gave a nazi salute at hitler's Olympics and this is isomorphic to depicting African Americans draped in the confederate flag

    I think your storyline is that good people died fighting for the confederacy - this is indisputable

    Great job

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I'm not sure what to say

    The video was basically a slide show but very well done

    Helene Mayer gave a nazi salute at hitler's Olympics and this is isomorphic to depicting African Americans draped in the confederate flag

    I think your storyline is that good people died fighting for the confederacy - this is indisputable

    Great job
    In today's world of American Political Correctness, facts get buried by revisionist historians and twisted by politicians to manipulate emotions. I felt strongly that the message needed to be spoken. Granted, the video was a slide-show due to the lack of moving images from the American Civil War era. Thanks for the feedback.
    Digger

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    To be honest it hadn't occurred to me that there would be no video footage from the civil war!

    Anyway it all flowed very nicely

  7. #7

    Default

    If I were to point out some options for improvement I would say try to find a replacement for the low resolution images and maybe to some 3D Ken Burns.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    To be honest it hadn't occurred to me that there would be no video footage from the civil war!
    Didn't you know that the confederate generals banned iPhones among the troops?
    Tim

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    If I were to point out some options for improvement I would say try to find a replacement for the low resolution images and maybe to some 3D Ken Burns.
    I agree with you 100% on that point. I used what I could find.

  10. #10

    Default

    Well done for making this Digger. I thought it was edited together very well, had a good VO and the music fitted really well.

    I call that a job well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 11:24 PM
  2. apparently- "intense" "trippy" "weird"..demo reel
    By thesplashedparietalobe in forum User Videos
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 08:34 AM
  3. Bizarre "Visual Feast" Modern Noir "DARK ARC"
    By cinecult7 in forum Pimp the Link
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 01:10 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
  5. "pixel gross" and "video actual", the difference?
    By Krumiro in forum Technology advice and tips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •