Thread: City lights

Default City lights

Hi everyone!

I made a video about the lights at night in my hometown.I know, some part of the video has a noise, this because of the low light condition and i do not have a better lens for this.
    If you have any opinion, thought, positive critique please share with me.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Blog Entries

The subject was interesting and I thought the shots were intriguing, but the music seemed totally inappropriate. I couldn't watch much.
    Tim

I tried to find a song what has a good rhythm, and also i have a permission to use it, this was the hard part. Thanks for your reply.

4. Default

hmhm some scenes were interesting and other one not too much, but idea is cool.
    Last edited by JanPetr; 09-22-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    Life is short let's make it fun and record a video. JP videos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCS View Post
    I tried to find a song what has a good rhythm, and also i have a permission to use it, this was the hard part. Thanks for your reply.
    I'm not sure why you'd want a heavy rhythm with shots of city lights. That's what i felt was inappropriate. This is, of course, personal taste to some extent, although there are also conventions.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    The subject was interesting and I thought the shots were intriguing, but the music seemed totally inappropriate. I couldn't watch much.
    +1 to that. I switched off due to the music (not that I didn't like the music, just that it was a distraction to the visuals).

7. Default

Very interesting idea and it looks like you spend a lot of effort on it. Somehow it tends to lose interest after about a minute. i think it needs somethins more, but i cannot pin point it. I think the individual frames were very nice, especially the one sequence with all lights flashing yellow. thought that was pretty interesting.

/Altim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AltimKing View Post
    Somehow it tends to lose interest after about a minute. i think it needs somethins more, but i cannot pin point it.
    That's pretty much the nature of anything that's a collection of shots. To maintain interest a video (or indeed any art form set in time, like music or dance) needs to have some sort of narrative, to tell a story, to take the viewer on a journey. If the viewer wants to know what happens next, they will carry on watching. If you think about it, montage sequences describing a place, an event, an emotion from even the worlds greatest film makers usually only last 30 seconds to 2 minutes. And by far the best on-line videos that just show places, events or emotions last a maximum of 2 minutes.

I'm not saying a longer video needs an obvious story, just it needs to develop and the viewers need to recognise that development (possibly only subconsiously)
    Tim