Thread: New user - stumpted

Default New user - stumpted

Hi to all, new to vegas pro. Have been given a video by a friend to play with and alter some text. It's an MP4 video with no master files, there's text embedded across the bottom against a black background. I wish to create a black bar 1920 X 150 and lay it across the bottom to mask the existing text, then overlay new text. I can create the bar in media generators using solid colours,but when I use "pan & crop" the bar appears in the centre of the video and I can't seem to get it to move down the screen? Any help very welcome please.
    Thanks & regards

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Bob, and welcome.
    In the Pan and Crop window, look under "Source" (left had side to the right of the tool bar) and set " Stretch to fill frame" to No.(I'm not sure what hat ha sto do with strething to fill the frame either, but it does the job.

Many thanks Tim, got there with your tip and some frame resizing, what difference the change of size makes I have no idea but I got there, cheers.