Thread: Hi newbie here !!

Default Hi newbie here !!

Hello just stumbled across this site and wow what a revalation !!

Can anyone tell me if its possible to split prem6 over two 17" tft screens ? I've always found it a bit cramped even on a 19" crt screen, with a recent upgrade to two tft's i was hoping to gain some room, but alas i've no idea how to do it !

Any ideas - ta barny

Hi Barny, I'm pretty much a newbie too, so hello! I think you should be able to do what you're asking but I don't think it's anything to do with the software you're using but more to do with the graphics card in your PC being able to support output to multiple monitors and treat it as one display. I do it with my laptop when I'm at my desk at work and I think we use nVidia GeForce FX cards. Dunno if that helps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by millsee
    Hi Barny, I'm pretty much a newbie too, so hello! I think you should be able to do what you're asking but I don't think it's anything to do with the software you're using but more to do with the graphics card in your PC being able to support output to multiple monitors and treat it as one display. I do it with my laptop when I'm at my desk at work and I think we use nVidia GeForce FX cards. Dunno if that helps at all.
    The graphics card is fine, its set up as an extended desktop so i can drag and drop betwix the two screens, and i can drag the transition menu onto the other screen but i wanted to be able to move more .... !

Quote Originally Posted by barny
    The graphics card is fine, its set up as an extended desktop so i can drag and drop betwix the two screens, and i can drag the transition menu onto the other screen but i wanted to be able to move more .... !
    All I can think of is that you make sure the window isn't fully maximised and drag one corner of the window to the other one.

When u have a dual head graphics card dont think of your desktop as being to screens and drag/dropping form one to the other - you only have one screen that's stretched over 2 monitors.
    Follow Mikes tip as it is a valid point.

Ok will try tonight - thanks chaps !

Interesting. I have a dual monitor set up at work, and just tried this out. It may be a limitation of the way my two monitors are set up, but, while I could move the editing toolbar, the audio mixer and the history and the info boxes to the secondary monitor, I couldn't move the monitor, timeline or project window. They would slide off the primary screen and all but disappear - but they wouldn't move to the other screen.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Yeah I had this prob on Macs. - Quicktime would only appear on the primary display. - It's down to the GFX card u are running.