Thread: how to get rid of wind on camera

1. Default how to get rid of wind on camera

how do you get rid of the wind when filming somthing out side, you cant hear anything someone is saying cuz the wind is blocking it out, what can i get to get rid of it if i use a canon camera?

use an external lavalier microphone, with a filter on. this would be the ideal solution. or record sound on smth else (e.g. minidisc recorder or even an itsy-bitsy flash mp3 player) and sync it in post. it'll be a much easier task than trying to filter out that wind noise, whatever software you use...
    sorry if i'm talking the obvious solutions here, you probably know these already, but that's the way to go, it won't work otherwise.

Default how to get rid of wind on camera

Hi Westside

To continue svhs's stating the obvious trend, stand in a sheltered area, get someone to hold an umbrella to onside of the camera or get an external mic (shotgun type - unidirectional) with a wind muffler on it to help reduce the low frequencies the wind makes hitting the mic. By the way where are you doing the recording?

Default how to get rid of wind on camera

Whoops,

I forgot directional mics and wind mufflers are expensive but if it is an important event, then it might be worth considering investing in a mic such as this. Wind mufflers can be made up from a few socks pulled over the mic and held in place with elastic bands (Heath Robinson lives and breaths).

Use a sock over the mic

yeah when im doing it gorilla style i use a sock or a Tshirt- but i wind muffler works as well.
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"