Thread: light streaks with trails

Default light streaks with trails

does anyone know of stock footage or a plugin that would produce a couple bands of light streaks that leave a trail behind then fade off? I've seen that in a couple of commercials (for cars) and really like it.

here's an example:
    http://www.pricemediagroup.com/streak.wmv

If you are looking for what I think you are then the words you need to find a suitable particle engine for the effects you want.

Visit www.trapcode.com and/or www.wondertouch.com and see if their offerings help you. They both have trial versions of their respective particle engines. Just be awar that this sort of effect is not a five minute job though.

Alternatively, from the clip you posted you might be able to achieve some of that using trapcode's '3D stroke' plugin as well/instead.

I've only played with Wondertouch's Particle Illusion so can't comment or vouch for any of the others other than that they look like they might help you.

Trapcode's stuff is excellent but i had problems with the serial numbers they gave me - I kept having to re-enter them.
    Mr. Mills is right it aint a quick job - Any particle generator requires a huge amount of processing power and render times can be expected to be looooong.
    The results are usually always worht it.

Default just downloaded the plugin

thanks guys.. i'll give it a try