Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Post - Your Opinions Requested

Default First Post - Your Opinions Requested

Hello everyone, I am very new to the movie game, in fact the only things I know are from my DVD collection. I was wondering if you could look over a video I recently made with my buddies and give me feedback to the technical aspects of the vid. I realize that there is no real story and my buddies couldn't act their way out of a box, but my ultimate goal in this film was to see if I could establish some sense of visual style. I'll let you judge whether or not I succeded.
    Running Time: 5m 48s
    Size: 10.2 MB

www.livewireart.com/truth.html

lost interest very quickly. - Unfortunatley for you there are hundreds of these spoof fight type vids out there.

YOu need some more sound effects during the fight and the edit needs to be tighter.

Good effort

Blog Entries

I had to force myself to watch it all the way through.
    One thing stands out a mile...you need a Steadicam. To try to attempt that hand held is asking for disaster, and sorry to say, that's what you finished up with.

Irishmark is spot on too about the edit. Don't be too put off though. My advice would be to take that footage re-edit and aim for half (or less)running time, find better music, and add some more sound effects.

Sorry chum. Just my opinion.

Blog Entries

I had a wee butchers yesterday and would tend to agree. Some nice touches, but make it much more tight and intense.

A few things:

-Don't use so much zooming
    -Get a tripod
    -Use fading when your songs ends
    -Use some costumes. A big mafioso with a DC shirt doesn't look realistic

And overall, it was a bit too long.

But still, for a first video, it was alright. We all have to start somewhere.

6. Default

For a first Video, i was impressed.

I liked some of the camera shots.

But - far too long, as others said, re edit it and make it 50% shorter,this will then speed up the action and make it far more watchable.

Some of the edits were quick and good, but most were far to long, you could have cut half way through a scene and the watcher would still know whats going on.

Would be really good if you could re edit it and then post up the new version

All in all great 1st Video
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Thanks for the feedback. I start reeditting it and repost once I've tightened it up. This has been a good learning process for me, thanks for your support.

I disagree on harshness. For a first video it was not bad. Though building a visual style of your own you are going to have to film a lot more.

Keep it up make sure you achieve all your video, and then after some more shorts comeback and watch it. You will be impressed with your improvements.

I dont think the camera was that shaky either. Though a steadycam is a must. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/

9. Default

still waiting for thet edit
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

One cool thing that I'm not sure anyone else noticed...

...it was made by "over the top productions," and then in the middle of the fight the guy does the classic "over the top" dramatic hat turn...

...Not sure if it was ever popular in other countries, but "Over the Top," was a sylvester Stallone movie about an arm wrestling truck driver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast