Thread: sony dcr-pc1000e

Default sony dcr-pc1000e

hey all i have a sony dcr-pc 1000e im wondering how do i transfer videos from my camcorder to my laptop,i know how to transfer pictures just not the video,its just confusing me and it said i can get dv streaming and when i connect it under dv streaming and connect it to my laptop nothing appears and its just confusing me anyway pls help me bless you
    i looked at you and you liked me,you looked at me and u liked me,u looked at me everyday and you didnt like me,i looked at you everyday and i did like you,love is not what u seen

2. Default

hi, i have the same camera mate,

the nice little cradle that somes with it has usb and firewire.

What happens when you connect the firewire into the laptop and turn the camera onto play mode - ? make sure the switch on the cradle is set to firewire and not usb.

what make of laptop mate ?
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

I'm having the same problem. The only difference is I'm using a desktop. My pc is not recognizing either USB 2.0 or FireWire connection from the PC1000E. I paid alot of money for this camera and am considering stamping on it repeatedly. I've followed all the instructions to the letter, Uninstalled and re-installed the various drivers, been throught the sony troubleshooters (twice, for all the help they were). Its not the cables as they work with other devices (and the camera recognises that there's a connection). I've even tried various video editing packages all with no luck. If anyone knows of a solution I'd be glad to hear about it.

Mandrill

Blog Entries

forums users have previouslty reported that onboard firewire ports may not work. I would suggest trying a PCI card, or ensuring the firewire port on your PC is:

1) connected to the mobo correctly and;
    2) configured in the BIOS

yup done that. still didn't work. Looks like I'm going to have to fork out for a PCI firewire card. Damn Asus and their shoddy motherboards.

6. Default

Mine works fine plugged into my Sony Laptop - but thats what i would expect from Sony. Sticking to themselves.
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Default SONY Handycan DCR-PC1000E problems no USB streaming

Gents,

Stumbled on this old thread as I have a problem getting my Sony DCR-PC1000E set-up to export video to a new PC. Seems there is no "USB streaming option" in the software on the handycam (at least the options described in the user manual do not correspond). The USB seems to work find in picking up images from the duo-memory stick, but once that is out, there is no connection identified with the camera.

Thus, I appear to be stuffed in having any type of export option to a PC. I am surpirsed at this given the price of this beauty. I bought it in Singapore and wonder if the software was differnt for some reason.

Any ideas?

Chrs,

Brian B.