Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Hour time in Finland

Default Golden Hour time in Finland

I wasn't prepared to start new thread until I've done my next video that have some funny plot or small story. But here I go. I thought that this might look nice because I might be only Finnish user at this forum (not sure about that?) so maybe you wan't see the beautiful side of Finland. Summer evening "Golden Hour" at my home town. We actually have this kind of evenings maybe 2 to 3 in one year.

It might actually be a bit more interesting to watch it when you live in that city but I tried to find nice sunset and grade it look nice and tried to make it play good speed without too long shots.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brbwmKqwJDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Toeh View Post
    --- I might be only Finnish user at this forum (not sure about that?) so maybe you want see the beautiful side of Finland. Summer evening "Golden Hour" at my home town. We actually have this kind of evenings maybe 2 to 3 in one year. It might actually be a bit more interesting to watch it when you live in that city but I tried to find nice sunset and grade it look nice and tried to make it play good speed without too long shots.----
    Nice to see a "hetjärveläinen" (sorry Tim, a local pet name for the residents of the OP's home town) on the forum. Indeed, you are not the only user here from our small corner of the world. I seldom visit the User Videos section, but you got my attention with the thread title of course. I liked your video and not only because of the nice shot of the playing field. Our teams (and sometimes we supporters as well ) had quite a few heated encounters there in those "Golden Days" (I am old enough to remember...) before things started going downhill for both of them. Oh well, you still have "Wimbledon" to root for
    Last edited by vkmast; 08-09-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Nice to see a "hetjärveläinen" (sorry Tim, a local pet name for the residents of the OP's home town) on the forum. Indeed, you are not the only user here from our small corner of the world. I seldom visit the User Videos section, but you got my attention with the thread title of course. I liked your video and not only because of the nice shot of the playing field. Our teams (and sometimes we supporters as well ) had quite a few heated encounters there in those "Golden Days" (I am old enough to remember...) before things started going downhill for both of them. Oh well, you still have "Wimbledon" to root for
    "Hetjärveläinen" "Wimbledon" HAHA You made my day. I could never have imagined to read those words at this site. It's a small world where we're living. And everytime the best way to find others is to say aloud "I might be the only one..." Now I'm just confused who are you because you know the "inside" things like Hetjärvi?

Quote Originally Posted by Toeh View Post
    --- Now I'm just confused who are you because you know the "inside" things like Hetjärvi?---
    Don't be, it's not exactly the best kept secret in our region . And you'll see me in the stands if the teams ever again meet at the top like they did in '87 and '88.
    Not likely to happen soon though as one of the teams was just relegated :(

As for the video itself, to me the audio sounded too foreign considering the subject. I'd have preferred more ethnic Het-rooted music
    Last edited by vkmast; 08-10-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Some lovely footage there. Would have been nice to see some ground level footage mixed in.
    Music doesn't work for me.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Thanks! Music is maybe one of the hardest part. Someone loves, someone hates and someone doesn't even listen it. I'm going to do more ground level footage for upcoming videos with my new Sony A5100 but this just was full aerial clip. Some groundlevel timelapses might have worked well but hard to leave camera somewhere where no-one is going to steal it.

Blog Entries

Lovely! Brave use of transitions

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Lovely! Brave use of transitions
    Thanks!

Nice video

i agree there should be some ground level shots mixed in for sure

the music was ok

Blog Entries

0:37 and the closing two shots were the only bits that really "worked" for me. The rest was just concrete and bricks and, as you suspected, probably would have held much more interest for me only if it was my own town.
    I too liked the use of transitions (you won't hear me say that often!) and cutting was sympathetic to the music (0:26 particularly stood out)
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast