Thread: Camcorder not recgonised by pc..

Default Camcorder not recgonised by pc..

Hi to all, I have now just finished for the tenth time trying to transfer film from a JVC GR-D21 mini dv camera. I tried usb & s-video but only got pic no sound. So invested in pci firewire card and guess what, yes it does not work.. PC is win xp sp2 with amd 1800 processor 256 ddr ram 80gig hdd, so am I doing something wrong!!!!!!! I have looked through many problems and have tried various solutions but to no avail.... Even nicked a friends Panasonic dv camera and that was not picked up either.
    Any suggestions would be very much appreciated...

2. Default

ok what software are you using to capture from the PCI capture card ?

sounds like the capture card isnt installed properly.
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Default Camcorder not recgonised by pc..

Hi

I agree with Brian Gardner. take out the firewire card, install the driver software, switch off the computer and reinstall the firewire card again and make sure it is 'seated' properly in the PCI slot. Switch the computer on and it should be detected as new hardware, you may be asked again to put the CD or DVD back in to install other components. Then check Windows hardware manager to see if it is listed in there, click on the little plus signs to open them up. If not in there switch the computer off, phone whoever you got your card from and tell them the situation. The card could also have a hairline fracture in it which would render it useless.

Thanks for ya reply, Am using Image Mixer version 1,1 but also tried windows movie player. Replaced new pci firewire card and got a more expensive one still same result.

5. Default

when you look in control panel / system / Hardware / Device manager /
    find the capture card and see if its working properly, check its not conflicting and make sure its acturaly there.

YOur mother bourd isnt a new PCI Express one is it ? as a Normal PCI capture card wont work in it, but may fit into the slots.
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

No M/board is an Elite K7S5A 2 year old. Have noticed that other members have turned the pci off in Bios and same problem has been resolved. So will give that a try. In device Manager all is stated to be working OK, no conflicts.