Thread: Rode Videomic Pro No Sound

Default Rode Videomic Pro No Sound

Hey all. I just purchased a Videomic pro from a friend. I can guarantee that it was working when he shipped it to me, no sketchiness in our deal or anything. The last time it worked it was being used on a Sony A7SII I believe. When I plug it into my GH4 I see a level meter but I get no sound. My in camera audio settings seem to be okay to me. I plugged it into my macbook pro to see, and my mac does not recognize the mic at all. The batteries are good, it powers on with a green light. It does not work on any of the possible built in setting configurations. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?

The diaphragm could have been damaged during shipping

My rode doesn't work on my iPad because it is the wrong jack - does your iMac have a separate input for microphone and headphones or is it all in one like the iPad?

My Mac only has one jack, but I tried it on a friend's DSLR. Turns out that with all the levels at the highest I get a TINY muffled version of the audio from the mic... Guess ive gotta send it back?