Thread: Questions about keyframe movement and transitions.

Question Questions about keyframe movement and transitions.

I have a project in Sony Vegas 11. I have made some keyframes and transitions but they look really laggy (like 24 fps) type of thing. How do I make them smoother?

Also, I created this in Camtasia, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzW8Tc2CTFQ) See how the text in the middle flashes? How would I recreate that in sony vegas?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by refinedskillz View Post
    I have a project in Sony Vegas 11. I have made some keyframes and transitions but they look really laggy (like 24 fps) type of thing. How do I make them smoother?
    [

Is this just in the edit preview or when rendered out. If the former, decrease the quality in the preview window for timing purposes. Increase it for colour/grading accuracy etc.
    Also, I created this in Camtasia, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzW8Tc2CTFQ) See how the text in the middle flashes? How would I recreate that in sony vegas?
    I can't remember if version 11 has the Sony Glow FX. If so this will do the job. Set the colour to white, the glow percent to something like 0.11 and animate the intensity between 0 and 5 or 6

You can create markers on the beat (using "M" key) but these do not show up in the timeline of the FX.
    However, if you ensure the sync cursor button (bottom of Video Event FX window) is selected, when you click on the marker on the main timeline, the cursor will jump to the correct place in the Video FX timeline.
    The only slight problem is really you need the markers a bit before the beat as each "flash" requires three keyframes one before, one on and one after the beat. I found it easiest to copy a group of three keyframes and then shift them back so the middle one is on the beat. A bit fiddly but hardly insurmountable.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-30-2016 at 05:47 PM.
    Tim

@TimStannard
    I have performed the marking and dropped the glow on, problem is there's no animate button. Also, thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    [

Is this just in the edit preview or when rendered out. If the former, decrease the quality in the preview window for timing purposes. Increase it for colour/grading accuracy etc.

I can't remember if version 11 has the Sony Glow FX. If so this will do the job. Set the colour to white, the glow percent to something like 0.11 and animate the intensity between 0 and 5 or 6

You can create markers on the beat (using "M" key) but these do not show up in the timeline of the FX.
    However, if you ensure the sync cursor button (bottom of Video Event FX window) is selected, when you click on the marker on the main timeline, the cursor will jump to the correct place in the Video FX timeline.
    The only slight problem is really you need the markers a bit before the beat as each "flash" requires three keyframes one before, one on and one after the beat. I found it easiest to copy a group of three keyframes and then shift them back so the middle one is on the beat. A bit fiddly but hardly insurmountable.
    I have performed the marking and dropped the glow on, problem is there's no animate button. Also, thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    [

Wait my bad, I didnt see it. Problem is the "Glow" is glowing the whole screen, not just the text.

Blog Entries

Wait my bad, I didnt see it. Problem is the "Glow" is glowing the whole screen, not just the text.
    You need to ensure the thing you want to glow (the text in this example) is its own event, and drop the glow FX on that event.

Track 1 - Text media - white text, transparent background, Glow effect applied
    Track 2: - Other media

I've just done it. It works. Honest
    Tim